Wow, I have just discovered... (2 Viewers)

therealjohnny

Supporter

Featuring George Harrison , Nicky Hopkins , Billy Preston, Michelle Phillips, Ronnie Spector and Carole King

dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I discovered the Adam Buxton podcast over christmas, thanks to high stress levels and the resulting insomnia. I'll get through 3/4 episodes a night, though might nod off a bit of the way through.
Just finished his autobiography, great read. Funny and melancholic, with a great logbook of arguments with his wife.

dunderhead

Just finished his autobiography, great read. Funny and melancholic, with a great logbook of arguments with his wife.
got that from borrow box app. listened to about 3 or 4 hours of it. It's about ten in total. Got really sick of him going on about the relationship with his father. Does that go on throughout?

rettucs

Supporter
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
ah, that comes across in the podcast too. His dad died recently and it's obviously hit him hard. I guess he's preoccupied with it and its permeating all of his work at the moment.

He said he did a 'grief podcast' with someone. Fucking fucked if I'm ever going near that. Grim.

therealjohnny

Supporter
I'd heard Ronnie James Dio's rock and roll stuff before

but I only just discovered Ronnie and The Prophets, when they developed into a swinging 60s band.

Most cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley

We're listening to...

• Fuzz
    Earthen Gate
    Fuzz
    Fuzz

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads