Worst signings of all time (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell

keanelazio.jpg

veron-300x400.jpg

Veron was nowhere near as bad as it's popular to make out he was, and secondly he looks like a pirate. That alone was worth the transfer fee.

Chris Sutton going to Chelsea was a disaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Sutton#Chelsea_.281999.E2.80.932000.29

See also Winston Bogarde

Only weeks after signing his contract with the club, newly-appointed manager Claudio Ranieri wanted the player to leave.[5] According to Bogarde, it would be next to impossible to find a team that would offer him a contract comparable to the one he had at Chelsea; he was astounded at the salary Chelsea had agreed on since it is a fact that his value has depreciated severely due to lack of first-team action. Bogarde decided to stay at Chelsea honouring his contract to the letter (as he could not get a similar salary anwhere else) and appearing to training every day, but only played for the team very sparingly.[6] Of his contract he said, 'Why should I throw fifteen million Euro away when it is already mine? At the moment I signed it was in fact my money, my contract'. In the end, he only appeared eleven times during his four-year contract, reportedly earning £40,000 a week during this period. Furthermore, Chelsea won a domestic trophy during this period triggering a bonus payment in agreement with his contract, despite Bogarde not featuring at all for Chelsea that season.[7]
During his period at Chelsea, the club repeatedly tried to offload Bogarde, because of his inflated wages. When there were no takers, Chelsea demoted him to the reserve and youth teams, in an effort to force Bogarde to leave. He also became a figure of ridicule in the English press for his alleged selfishness.[8] Of the derision he received at the hands of the press, Bogarde responded, 'This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership, but I don't care.'[9]

rangers had a few years of buying utter shit for a while didn't they? that or players who broke in half instantly..daniel prodan, seb rosenthal. how about andrea silenzi? gary birtles? ah, memories.

rangers had a few years of buying utter shit for a while didn't they? that or players who broke in half instantly..daniel prodan, seb rosenthal. how about andrea silenzi? gary birtles? ah, memories.

that bollox duncan ferguson.

Mark Hately gave Walter Smith an ultimatum - either Ferguson went or he did, cos he was so insufferable (following a particular incident though).

Stephane Guivarch. And it's not like they didnt have any evidence of his imminent ineptitude.
speaking of him, you could have a thrad devoted just to newcastle....starting with silvio maric...

We spent almost all of the fee we got for Les Ferdinand on two players - Simon Osborne and Ned Zelic. They were both sold on at a huge loss within a month. Zelic couldn't play in England as the ground was too hard. I shit you not.

Good old Ray Wilkins, the worlds worst football manager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back