worst ever cover version... (1 Viewer)

Isn’t he famously a fan of Suicide? Nebraska in particular has him doing a few yelps and stuff that are basically lifted off their records.

Isn’t he famously a fan of Suicide? Nebraska in particular has him doing a few yelps and stuff that are basically lifted off their records.
oh yeah - Springsteen did that cover for a tribute to Suicide as far as I could work out.
it's awful though. the original is beautiful.

Nebraska is really good. completely different to his other work.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shockingly and hilariously bad

And that's just the tache

(Also potentially the greatest,especially if the moves count)

I'll take endless Me First and the Gimme Gimmes over 3rd rate gothic bleh.
I didn’t manage to make it very far into that version but I can confirm that it lacks the humour of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and it has that added Gothy Emo element that many pop punk bands have adopted since My Chemical Romance. It’s the worst of all worlds.

I didn’t manage to make it very far into that version but I can confirm that it lacks the humour of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and it has that added Gothy Emo element that many pop punk bands have adopted since My Chemical Romance. It’s the worst of all worlds.
It's an interesting thing how it has become a formal style. Like this cover led me down a listening alley of early NOFX and Descendents earlier, and you can really hear them working out a thing as they went along (i was mostly listening to Ribbed).

Now it's a bit like playing rockabilly or Doo Wop or something, all you can really do is pay homage or parody it, or invert the rules, but those rules are now set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back