worst ever cover version... (2 Viewers)

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
have you heard sarah vaughan's version of elenor rigby?
it's stupendously naff. cod-funk, stevie wonderesque fusion lounge disaster.
i prefer her early stuff.

Despite the fact that it's been used in a cereal commercial on heavy rotation, I actually think that's a really lovely version. The singer, Hawaiian Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, died last year and his funeral was attended by 10,000 mourners. He was massively obese and died of related conditions, but was nick named the gentle giant and was considered to be a national treasure.

Always makes me sad to eat Rice Krispies now.

Oh, oh I got one:
Brian Kennedy doing 'Dry Your Eyes Mate'.

Just imagine it. The verse half-sung / half-spoken in Nordiespeak, the awful crooning gooey chorus. It doesn't seem to be on the internet unfortunately. I think I made a copy of it from some godawful Irish covers album I was forced to listen to at work. I'll try and find it.

Oh and this:
http://www.myspace.com/eilertpilarm
A Swedish guy who does dodgy Elvis tunes. His moving rendition of 'In The Ghetto' is unforgettable.

Despite the fact that it's been used in a cereal commercial on heavy rotation, I actually think that's a really lovely version. The singer, Hawaiian Israel Kamakawiwoʻole, died last year and his funeral was attended by 10,000 mourners. He was massively obese and died of related conditions, but was nick named the gentle giant and was considered to be a national treasure.

Always makes me sad to eat Rice Krispies now.

Ah it's not bad, a bit over-exposed but I mainly posted it cos of what egg_ done said.

End of thread" as they say, I defy anyone to get to the end of this...."sing up girlfriend" is where I got to
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is awful guff as well
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't mind that second somewhere over the rainbow and Brian Kennedy's Dry Your Eyes has a fierce tongue in cheek likability to it.

any pop punk version of any song
You've never heard this then

544.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back