Working in a petrol station (1 Viewer)

BonsaiSuperstar

I remembered there today that the ultimate job in the village when i was growing up was to work on the petrol pumps in the local maxol. The lads would sit in the small cabin waiting for a car to pull up. Then fill the car. They might get tipped as well. But the best part was the maxol jacket they got to wear. Did anyone here ever have one of those jobs. I envy you.

Did it when i was about 16 at home and got paid peanuts. Did it again earlier this year and australia and got paid e14 an hour (plus time and a half on saturdays, double on sundays and triple on holidays). So overall, mixed experiences.

I was a fuel injection engineer when i was a jungfella. Wasn't mad on it to be honest but the tips were good.

never worked in one, but i remember going to a friend who worked there and getting into the non camera back room. think i left with a large box of ferro roch stuffed down the back of my pants, stoned off my head. ahh happy times

I worked the main petrol station in the shit village of prosperous, kildare from about 15-17. Many days spent in that small hut melting stuff on the electric heaters, running around the side of the station to mix nutmeg into hash spliffs, being on the hustle with the car washes, and finally listen to the metal show with john kenny on a sunday night really obnoxiously loud, jaysus it was 1996 when I think of it now:eek:

never worked in one, but i remember going to a friend who worked there and getting into the non camera back room. think i left with a large box of ferro roch stuffed down the back of my pants, stoned off my head. ahh happy times

I worked the main petrol station in the shit village of prosperous, kildare from about 15-17. Many days spent in that small hut melting stuff on the electric heaters, running around the side of the station to mix nutmeg into hash spliffs, being on the hustle with the car washes, and finally listen to the metal show with john kenny on a sunday night really obnoxiously loud, jaysus it was 1996 when I think of it now:eek:

my mate worked in a texaco and we used to just sit out back getting baked and letting the indian guy do all the work.is that all garage dudes do?

Using my 1000th post to reminisce about the best working days of my life. Worked in Maxol in Blessington for years while I was at school, got tips for washing cars, bought sweets, took it easy, flirted with the college chicks, played football round the back, nicked shit and got all magazines free so long as you didn't want the cover. Then went to the pub every night. Only job I ever loved. If I could I'd go round the world paying my way by working in petrol stations in small towns the world over. Good times

i worked with Morg in Texaco at the edge of Lucan one summer. good times. going in completely binned. dealing with day release mental patients. doing the odd nightshift with the racist old worker. getting served next door in foxhunter at age of 16 coz you were still wearing your work wastecoat. serious banter

All great stories lads. Exactly the stuff i was looking to hear. But sure its all different now. Delis and shit. Petrol and peat is all you should need from there.

Sounds great. There's lot to be said for a lifestyle like that. No commitments apart from a job you can take or leave. The freedom to travel where you want. And so what if the money isn't great and there's no career path if all you care about is paying the rent and feeding yourself.

Why'd you come back RSJ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back