• Replies 52
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 5

pad

Since 2000
Website
www.myspace.com
yes. i'm not enjoying work today.
do you work for yourself and if so, what do you do and how is the recession affecting you?

Finding anyone who 'likes' their job is near impossible. Working for themselves or for someone else, especially if they're posting here. I've only ever met one person who seriously loved what they do and he's a robot. Well, as close as a person can get to one.

i work from home. sometimes for myself, sometimes for my dad.

pros:
i'm in my pyjamas right now.
if i wanted i could just stop and go for a walk / cycle right now, in fact i will do that in about an hour.
no commuting.
no asking for time off.
some days there's nothing to do.
I'm a pretty sound boss.

cons:
it can sometimes be weeks and weeks and weeks before pay-day.
i'm still living at home.
if i did make enough money i could move out, but then i'd be commuting to my folks house every day for work, which would be weird and kinda pointless.
some days there's nothing to do.
I'm too sound a boss.

my bro and I work for ourselves and it's great. loads of freedom for personal things and it's enjoyable meaningful work. dreadful pay mind, but wouldn't change it for anything

my bro and I work for ourselves and it's great. loads of freedom for personal things and it's enjoyable meaningful work. dreadful pay mind, but wouldn't change it for anything

This time next year you'll be miwionnaires

TrottersBBC_468x285.jpg

if you're your own boss does having a wank count as sexual harrasment?

if its in the workplace then yes.anyway,working for yourself can be ok i guess but the actual amount of hours worked can be bogey,i do 6 days a week,11-7 and then maybe another 2 hours when i get home plus 2/3 hours of a sunday .|..|
it does allow me buy material possessions though.

if only I was good at something that I could actually hire myself for

maybe I could start writing trash novels. 'Throb. A thriller'. How much do those kind of authors make?

Authors generally make fuck all I think. I think Terry Pratchett had written 3 books before he quit his day job

My job (I'm a programmer) is difficult and demanding, and sometimes I get a sense of satisfaction from doing it well, the kind of satisfaction you get from solving a puzzle. The rest of the time allowing myself to think about my job, about how much of my time it takes up, about how I imagined my life would be when I grew up, etc, brings me to the brink of emotional collapse, so I have to be careful to avoid doing so

Authors generally make fuck all I think. I think Terry Pratchett had written 3 books before he quit his day job

My job (I'm a programmer) is difficult and demanding, and sometimes I get a sense of satisfaction from doing it well, the kind of satisfaction you get from solving a puzzle. The rest of the time allowing myself to think about my job, about how much of my time it takes up, about how I imagined my life would be when I grew up, etc, brings me to the brink of emotional collapse, so I have to be careful to avoid doing so

I think if you don't view your job as something you need to get through each day only so you can enjoy your life on the outside ... you're ahead of the game. I envy those who have no college debt. I'll just keep mumbling to myself.... 2 more years.....2 more years.... 2 more years.

I work for myself or my da or freelance. Freelance is gone for the time being but working with my da or alone is grand. Pay is fairly shite but hours are great and I get away with not turning up pretty easy altough a missed day equals zero money with no exceptions.

I enjoy what I do too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back