Work (1 Viewer)

Stuart Little (18 Apr, 2002 05:00 p.m.):
Not as bad as the cringe-fest that the Public Enemy gig in the red box turned out to be.

Flava Flav's anti-brit ranting being totally ill-informed and making him come accross as a complete ass-wipe. Then he pulled out a tenner and started calling it "fucking british money" and held a lighter to it.
It was a fucking IRISH tenner.

Chuck D shoulda kicked that homey's ASS.

I remember that, they kept tryin to say tiocfaidh ár lá but it came out like chucky our lay. big mess. chuck d was going on and on about the queen being filthy rich, like he's such a poor bastard himself.

Admin (17 Apr, 2002 03:12 p.m.):
So with all this talk of people being bored in work i'm getting nosey - what does everyone do?

Me, I work in the OPW press office.

You're all computer nerds! (Nearly) every last one of ye! Jesus, this may as well be the Linux Kernel Development mailing list? I used to think you guys were cool...

I'm a unix admin in Ireland.com. Until July 31st. Woohoo! Unemployment looms!

hey i'm in PR, not IT

no, really.

Monkey (18 Apr, 2002 06:09 p.m.):
Well I didn't get into Dun Laoighaire (spelling) today..so it looks like I might be working sooner than i thought...

you can do a graduate course in spelling?

so: 98% wodern intermeb.

i'm an archaeological assistant (recently bumped up from grade b to grade a, verily i am a god amongst men).

however, i have a masters in... (drum roll...) multimedia. which makes me an interwebber too: just one who finished up my studies in mid-september last year and said "gee, thanks osama, loads of jobs now."

for the record, i did thingsyouremissing.com's frontend/design bit. and http://www.snaptoguides.com. gissajob.

so, anyone else getting a tan at work? :)

silo (18 Apr, 2002 07:47 p.m.):
wodern intermeb.
I don't know if you're aware silo,but what you just did whith those two words is called a spoonerism.

It's when you take words and interchange letters to make other words.I think it works better when you don't make them into proper words,like you did.

This has been another in a serious of coincidences involving spoonerisms for me.I started using them in everyday speech,not thinking there was a term for them at all.Then my friend got his daily dictionary.com word,and guess what,it was spoonerism.

And now you Silo.I'm beginning to wonder if my calling is spoonerisms and not bisual vasic!

if wou yant to talk more asout sboonerisms,dlease po here.

Ooooohhhh the possibilities!!

[1]This also reinforces my bored at work theory of posting[/1]

yes. the legend goes that there was a reverend spooner who used to do this all the time in sermons in some american back-of-beyond church and the term was coined in his honour. i shit you not.

You're all computer nerds! (Nearly) every last one of ye! Jesus, this may as well be the Linux Kernel Development mailing list? I used to think you guys were cool...

I'm a unix admin in Ireland.com. Until July 31st. Woohoo! Unemployment looms!

I study Computer Applications in DCU, but when I finished I hope to get a job as a web designer and ponce around town being indie like the rest of you.

Singer are you CA aswell?

- Fintan

I teach English in two schools in Phnom Pehn. Very exciting.

Beats IT anyway.....and you a good suntan.

zehner (22 Apr, 2002 09:41 a.m.):

Beats IT anyway.....<b>and you a good suntan.</b>

Are you sure you're not being taught English in Phnom Pehn....

silo (18 Apr, 2002 07:47 p.m.):
so: 98% wodern intermeb.

i'm an archaeological assistant (recently bumped up from grade b to grade a, verily i am a god amongst men).

so, anyone else getting a tan at work? :)

VDU tan yes, coz they won't spring for an LCD for poor little me.

If you happen to come across a sleazy biker called Dave Murphy in your sleazy archeology-for-hire underworld, sleazily tell him I said a sleazy hello.

billygannon:ram of love (22 Apr, 2002 09:49 a.m.):
zehner (22 Apr, 2002 09:41 a.m.):

Beats IT anyway.....<b>and you a good suntan.</b>

Are you sure you're not being taught English in Phnom Pehn....

Yes. I got a wonderful education in Maynooth. Same place as you Billy?.

I too am an old Maynoothonian. I loved my 4 years there.....many complained about the place being dead....but I feckin loved it.

I still get exam-anxious when I'm in any room as cold as the reading room.

Im in Maynooth right now. I sit here and read your messages and get depressed and then sometimes I go to lectures

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back