Work ethic for sale (1 Viewer)

If you're interested, I'll get my people to get on to your people.

But first:

PEOPLE WANTED.
Pair or small group of individuals needed to reply to queries. No fatties, time-wasters or arts graduates need apply. All responses to tom., please include photo and/or stool sample.

jane said:
Sounds messy. Think I'll stick to ads on the back pages of Ireland's Own.

my granny made me an ireland's own kids member for my birthday when i was wee. i got a little secret club pack with a membership card and stuff.

best club ever! .. i wonder if its still around.

and i thought you were just making fun of me :)

"Included you will find all your old friends such as Cassidy, Dan Conway, Songwords, Catch the Criminal, etc. And each week there is a special activity packed, colourful eight page section specially for Owens Club members (Children's Section). All this, plus our Pen Pals page, short stories, jokes, letters from readers and an episode of our serial story. In short, something for all the family to enjoy."

http://www.finnvalley.ie/irelandsown/sub.html

..sorry for taking your work ethic sale off topic :rolleyes:

Stacy said:
..sorry for taking your work ethic sale off topic :rolleyes:
Why do you think I'm selling it? Fat lot of good it does me.

Anyway, the serial stories are the best. They always involve one or more of the following topics:

* Plain girl finds love, learns beauty is needless when one has the patience of a doormat and a shut mouth
* Bachelor farmer in flat cap finds long-lost love, has second chance at totty
* Dead parent teaches child(ren) a lesson through withheld inheritance

In the words of the editor:

"To preserve it's [sic] wholesome ethos, the magazine must bypass even world-changing events, so if you want 'comfort' history, if you want 'comfort' Irish Nationalism, this is the magazine for you. It's non-political, non-sectarian and has something for all the family, giving special comfort for those living alone. It's a microcosm of all that's good about Ireland...and provides a direct link with the people out there who regularly contribute to the Readers' Letters."

jane said:
If you're interested, I'll get my people to get on to your people.

But first:

PEOPLE WANTED.
Pair or small group of individuals needed to reply to queries. No fatties, time-wasters or arts graduates need apply. All responses to tom., please include photo and/or stool sample.
excellent. i already have people, so my people can get on to the people you'll have once you get through your people recruitment task.

but first:

stool sample analysis equipment wanted.
preferably in good working order and recently cleaned. preferred models: shittr-3000, stool-tron, poo xp.

tom. said:
preferred models: poo xp.
I can sort you out with a copy, and the activation key. Just don't try an register it online...

You ain't seen me, right?

aintseen.jpg

Stacy said:
my granny made me an ireland's own kids member for my birthday when i was wee. i got a little secret club pack with a membership card and stuff.

best club ever! .. i wonder if its still around.
i was cleaning out a wardrobe yesterday and found my Denis The Menace Fan Club membership pack, with membership card filled in by me in october 1979.

unfortunately, the hairy gnasher badge with the googly eyes is gone.

i still have my dennis the menace membership badge, didnt gnasher and gnipper have their own seperate club too, then methinsk the bash strreet kids got one, then it just got stupid.

controversially i was also a member of the desperate dan club but i always though he was a bit of a spa :eek:

pete said:
i was cleaning out a wardrobe yesterday and found my Denis The Menace Fan Club membership pack, with membership card filled in by me in october 1979.

unfortunately, the hairy gnasher badge with the googly eyes is gone.
i remember sellotaping 60p in coins to the inside of an envelope.

it worked. last instance of 'glee' in memory.

i'd join thumped if it had googly badges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back