Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (4 Viewers)

cephalopod

Website
www.myspace.com
There are some words and phrases that have been making my spine convulse involuntarily recently..the worst offender is the word

Random

As in entitling your not so random folder of BEBO pics of you and your mates mugging down the pub as random

As in referring to a person who wears bobbly hats and wack t-shirts as random..referring to single individuals as random is the most luidicrous misuse of a word I have ever encountered, worsened by the fact that the word does have the associative power through its now common misusage for me to divine the underlying meaning signified by such an application...ie. it invokes an image of the sort of total spanner that refers to themselves as 'mad' case in point big brother contestants..who really abuse the word random.

As in the worst phrase of all..random, prefaced by..That's soooooo

So, ignoring its mathematical and scientific importance, if I could consign one word to Room 101 it would have to be random...

I seen a photo folder on facebook today entitled randomnosity, which was juxtaposed with one called randomness. Each contained pictures of people down the pub..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back