Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (2 Viewers)

Second person plural, and I totally agree with Ann Post. There needs to be word distinguishing "you person" from "you people".

Em, I agreeing with yee.

I think ye/yee are totally valid words, and the queens english way of using "you" is silly and wrong.

Wouldn't say "y'all" personally, but it's the same thing.

I once said to someone that a common expression in my work was "There's no I in team, but there's a you in cunt".

He laughed, but he said "It'd be better if you said "There's no I in team, but there's a whole bunch of "u's" in "You'se are a whole bunch of cunts you'se are".

It is a thing when working in multinational teams, that the "you" and the "ye/yee/youse" difference is very important, since most non-english speaking people understand that as the norm.

He doesn't get to call his colleagues cunts, I do, so he vicariously relished the idea. I reminded him It's a substitute for better wages.

Last edited:
in
It is a thing when working in multinational teams
i deal with people from about 12 different countries and it's gas to hear some words and phrases which are neologisms based on understandable misconceptions, or simply phrases you wouldn't expect.

e.g. 'preponing' a meeting is something i'd hear a couple of times a year from the team in india, and 'final solution' every so often by german colleagues. (every so often, maybe 5 or 10 times in the last 12 years)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back