Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (3 Viewers)

The term "woke culture".

I had to explain that phrase to a friend recently. 40-something, male, middle class, rural Australian*. So not the kind of person who might use the phrase "woke". When I was done explaining he said "Doesn't all that woke stuff just mean common bloody sense?"

*I hope I haven't triggered anyone with my stereotypes of hetero-normative caucasian antipodeans.

I had to explain that phrase to a friend recently. 40-something, male, middle class, rural Australian*. So not the kind of person who might use the phrase "woke". When I was done explaining he said "Doesn't all that woke stuff just mean common bloody sense?"

*I hope I haven't triggered anyone with my stereotypes of hetero-normative caucasian antipodeans.
nah, those ex convicts have thick skin

Actually, he's an immigrant, he's been there a long time though. So you're being very offensive. You're flaming cancelled mate!

We're getting all the phrases in today.

Changing the tale a little, I've gone back 18 months through this thread, and I'm incredibly surprised that I haven't included the word "incredibly".

As in, "Meryl Streep is an incredibly famous person". "Albert Einstein was an incredibly influential physicist". "Potatoes are incredibly versatile".

Is it incredible? Really, is it? Are you sitting there going "My brain just can't fathom the words coming out of my own mouth?"
Granted I probably listen to a lot more BBC Radio 4 than most of you, where the phrase is most prevalent.

Changing the tale a little, I've gone back 18 months through this thread, and I'm incredibly surprised that I haven't included the word "incredibly".

As in, "Meryl Streep is an incredibly famous person". "Albert Einstein was an incredibly influential physicist". "Potatoes are incredibly versatile".

Is it incredible? Really, is it? Are you sitting there going "My brain just can't fathom the words coming out of my own mouth?"
Granted I probably listen to a lot more BBC Radio 4 than most of you, where the phrase is most prevalent.

Unbelievable is one of these too.

Example: 'Wow that is an unbelievable house'.

You clearly believe it is a house fuckhead.

Let Sam teach us

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was unaware of this
Apparently he’s been openly a douche for years but it seems to have popped up on twitter as a thing now, a few interviews with him sounding like an old, white crank. Not surprising but disappointing. Would stop buying his records but I already have been avoiding them for years as they have been shite post-Big Business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back