Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (2 Viewers)

"getting a HOLISTIC view of the situation"

0________0
I was in a meeting yesterday, and four people said this. I think it was one of those things where someone said it, and this planted it in everyones head, but it was so annoying.

0________0
I was in a meeting yesterday, and four people said this. I think it was one of those things where someone said it, and this planted it in everyones head, but it was so annoying.
That’s a very holistic view of how that sort of groupthink sets in.

0________0
I was in a recruitment thing and everyone kept saying "closing the loop." CLOSING THE LOOP.

Closing the loop? If someones in interview process its a "loop", so closing the loop is making a decision, either hiring or rejecting/recycling, and thus closing the loop. Sealing the deal, essentially.

But also it means absolutely nothing.

Closing the loop? If someones in interview process its a "loop", so closing the loop is making a decision, either hiring or rejecting/recycling, and thus closing the loop. Sealing the deal, essentially.

But also it means absolutely nothing.
My understanding is it means returning back through the Stargate and finishing your mission.

Heart-warming
life-affirming
wonderful
lovely
giggling
genuinely

I have some mates who have cushioned their entire existence in a marshmallow cloud of honey dripping all-positive self-care talk and I can't be dealing with them anymore.

Heart-warming
life-affirming
wonderful
lovely
giggling
genuinely

I have some mates who have cushioned their entire existence in a marshmallow cloud of honey dripping all-positive self-care talk and I can't be dealing with them anymore.
I'm such a hyperbolic speaker. Let's stop being friends.

Omg GROSS what does that even mean!?

Literally, when you really need a shit but are nowhere near close to a toilet. It's a metaphor, coined by Alex Ferguson, to describe when you're in a high stress, high pressure situation (in his case the tail end of a football season when it's tight at the top of the league.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back