Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (1 Viewer)

fragrance / fragrances

the most irritating words ever
These don't bother me any more, the fire and rage of youth must have dimmed in me.
Has anyone complained about people saying "let that sink in" on social media after pointing out some recent development?

Well, that seems to be a thing now.

Let that sink in.

Every Irish person on twitter posting in their best accent these days:

"sure lads listen, it's fuckin unreal so it is, y'know what i'm saying? Sure this is it, ye know yourself, look at all dem bollocksis over there lads, it's only gas. BE GRAAAND. PURE. LEGIT. LEGEND. "

"sure lads listen, it's fuckin unreal so it is, y'know what i'm saying? Sure this is it, ye know yourself, look at all dem bollocksis over there lads, it's only gas. BE GRAAAND. PURE. LEGIT. LEGEND. "
Scottish people have been doing this for ages, posting in The Brooks/Oor Wullie style. It gets oan mah tits

While I'm not going to say I haven't noticed it becoming a little more trendy, its kinda more interesting to me that we all talk in local dialects in Ireland and have been communicating online in the finest queens english. One of these things is a more accurate representation of reality than the other. i.e. I'm more likely to say 'aye' while typing 'yes'. Writing was originally a phonetic vessel but obviously we've gone well away from that with our prose and our livejournals and our signposts and whatnot, but in that, the documentary nature of phonetics is losing out. Anyways back to your original point, I'd agree its a little more cartoonish than accurate in this weeks/days tweet trends.

When on a stag in Derry, trying to get a taxi with a friend, a woman had approached us. When she heard my friends accent she was not impressed accusing him of speaking in a mock pretend Irish accent.

I don't know what she would have thought if I opened my mouth as I've been told that I sound welsh, German, polish, northern Irish, west of Ireland, Italian, polish, Austrian, continental and non-nationsl among other things.

While I'm not going to say I haven't noticed it becoming a little more trendy, its kinda more interesting to me that we all talk in local dialects in Ireland and have been communicating online in the finest queens english. One of these things is a more accurate representation of reality than the other. i.e. I'm more likely to say 'aye' while typing 'yes'. Writing was originally a phonetic vessel but obviously we've gone well away from that with our prose and our livejournals and our signposts and whatnot, but in that, the documentary nature of phonetics is losing out. Anyways back to your original point, I'd agree its a little more cartoonish than accurate in this weeks/days tweet trends.
I know people who SPEAK perfect English who have magically developed an accent on Twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back