Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (5 Viewers)

my latest dislikes are:

coalface - either your the echelons of society or your at the coalface. i work part time in a library, hardly shovelling coal 150 feet below ground with an unconcious budgie, not to mention turf is the traditional fuel of ireland. fucking journalists.

pop rarities / obscurities - pop, being an abbreviation of popular would make this a contradiction in my eyes.

"green shoots" the phrase everyone is using to suggest the recession might be over

I didn't mind when one person used it but now it's universal

and thus i declare it "soooo.. like meh!"

Today,classic Seanc,I too came up with a word that is soooo ......like meh.

Economotainent

hobbs,mcwilliams,lee etc.They're the new housewives favourite.

people who say "does be" or "do be" instead of is or was

i think thats because theres two present tense verbs for "to be" in irish, tá for something thats true right now, and bí for something that happens regularly. theres a few things we say in english that are from irish. like when we say "i'm after going to the shops" because of "táim tar éis dul go dtí an siopa". apparently it sounds strange to non-irish people who would say "i have just been..." or something.

how come whenever anyone mentions pool/snooker, someone says "the sign of a misspent youth". is there a word for these little things that people rattle off in response to certain topics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back