Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (1 Viewer)

i work in a well regulated industry. just come out of an hour long, dull as dishwater audit meeting. that quote, in that context, is just bizarre. because it's the last place you'd be allowed do something you know you'd have to seek forgiveness for afterwards.

Butthole Surfers said it better imo.

"Well, son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done."

I don't know the song, but I think the sentiment there is more akin to what Marty Crane said in one of the best ever episodes of Frasier:

Whereas the Ayn Rand quote makes me angry.

Must put this on my desk for the monthly getting yeeted on *dating app* rituals

I don't know the song, but I think the sentiment there is more akin to what Marty Crane said in one of the best ever episodes of Frasier:

I have no regrets about never watching a full episode of Frasier! it was sooo boring. the same with Seinfeld - both totally unfunny.

yeah - Ayn Rand's gospel of selfishness has had an awful affect on America.

as an adult there are very few things I regret NOT doing.
I've never had a girlfriend or boyfriend and I certainly don't regret that.

I'm not sure if DEVO were serious when Mark said:
''Remember to do nothing when you don't know what to do'' ('Enough Said')
but it strikes me as good advice.

I regret being nasty to people growing up and leaving some people (almost always adults) away with being bastards to me when I was young and that's about it.

Well the next line goes "and by the way if you see your mother this weekend tell her Satan Satan Satan". And then break into the riff from Sweat Leaf by Sabbath.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also been sampled by Orbital in the song Satan.

I really didn't like Seinfeld, and I tried really really hard to like, but I just couldn't.

UNTIL, I watched one of his standup videos, where he does lots of the jokes that appear in the show. It was ridiculous, amazing. I laughed so hard at jokes I already knew from the show, where in the show I'd just "heh", at best.

Then the show made a lot more sense, and it's actually great.

And I'll not hear a bad word said against Frasier. Scrambled eggs all over your face, sir!

I really didn't like Seinfeld, and I tried really really hard to like, but I just couldn't.

UNTIL, I watched one of his standup videos, where he does lots of the jokes that appear in the show. It was ridiculous, amazing. I laughed so hard at jokes I already knew from the show, where in the show I'd just "heh", at best.

Then the show made a lot more sense, and it's actually great.

And I'll not hear a bad word said against Frasier. Scrambled eggs all over your face, sir!
That’s interesting, coz I think it’s the (more clearly) Larry David-penned jokes that are funny.

It's definitely all down to David for sure. Just watch Curb for further proof.

Seinfeld is the least important character in the show. He doesn't have any acting chops. Whereas the other three could act the bark off a tree.

That’s interesting, coz I think it’s the (more clearly) Larry David-penned jokes that are funny.
stroking my intellectual beard here, but I think Larry David is the better comedy writer and Jerry is better at delivery and punch-lines. Though they are both great. If you've ever watched "Comedians in cars getting coffee", Seinfeld is simply naturally funny.

I've just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to Jerry Seinfeld stand up.
he's nearly a billionaire and he owns 150 cars. there's no justice in the world.

stroking my intellectual beard here, but I think Larry David is the better comedy writer and Jerry is better at delivery and punch-lines. Though they are both great. If you've ever watched "Comedians in cars getting coffee", Seinfeld is simply naturally funny.
There is no Seinfeld without Larry David...David is its dark heart which makes it such a crucial show.

Seinfeld without David at least in terms of a sitcom... *shudders* we're talking the Everybody Hates Raymond Vauxhall Conference reserves here.

I've just wasted 15 minutes of my life listening to Jerry Seinfeld stand up.
he's nearly a billionaire and he owns 150 cars. there's no justice in the world.

Is there a stand-up comedy thread on Thumped? I usually struggle with stand-up comedy as an art-form...most of the ones coming up this century are straight out of acting school, and just seem to use it as a vehicle to get into proper acting gigs via skits, stand-up... any of them I've seen are pretty dire. The days of the old school stand up are gone.

The social media world of comedy seems completely a scion of Tim & Eric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back