Words and phrases that are soooo...meh! Like meh (1 Viewer)

Yes all the musicians who've been playing the same venue and the same set since March 2020?
Well, they do have bills to pay. Pro performers have been amongst the hardest hit this past while. I'm sure some will take jobs they'd rather not take.

A musician friend had an insta up today because there were doing a function gig in the englands.

'view from the office today'.

I find this use of 'office' in the context of musicians to not sit well with me. Is it because the point of going to listen to some music, or to have music with a major life event is to be about as far from the office as you can mentally be, and the person responsible for that, who's been granted the local societal crown of being competent and talented enough that they are selected for these very important moments is basically on the insta going 'back to the fucking grind mate another bunch of plebs tying the knot'.
I dunno, I've always been of a mindset that wether it be a bar show, a function, a festival you are enterting sacred space, and to treat it such, and most definitely do not compare it to offices. Offices design humanity out in favour of uniformity. Fuck off like.
I don’t know, I don’t think it’s about saying “look at the grind I’m facing into.” I think it’s more “check out how much more interesting my job is than yours, you fucking pleb”.

But either way, you’re right. It’s fucking annoying

I don’t know, I don’t think it’s about saying “look at the grind I’m facing into.” I think it’s more “check out how much more interesting my job is than yours, you fucking pleb”.

But either way, you’re right. It’s fucking annoying
Interesting how this has taken us all into different interpretations. I can assure you though sleepy, while there's a bit of "check out how much more interesting my job is than yours” in there, it is more "look at the grind I’m facing into.” most of the time.

What that has to do with the hallowed ground of playing music on a stage, I dunno. I think that's a very valid point that ann post made earlier.

Interesting how this has taken us all into different interpretations. I can assure you though sleepy, while there's a bit of "check out how much more interesting my job is than yours” in there, it is more "look at the grind I’m facing into.” most of the time.

What that has to do with the hallowed ground of playing music on a stage, I dunno. I think that's a very valid point that ann post made earlier.
I kind of figured that because it’s Instagram, the whole point of almost every post is “look how fantastic and interesting my life is…….you fucking pleb.” But that’s just my interpretation

Cool man, insta does seem like poison and I do avoid it.

It might be different for other people who are selling their brand or whatever.

I'm certain I've said this before

(when speaking in english, to an english speaking audience, about a place with name in Irish or english).

Costa del

For a few reasons - mostly that like, if you want to use a send language to accentuate something, I think we have one of those.

and

Toll plaza

We have a word for place, which is 'place'.

A musician friend had an insta up today because there were doing a function gig in the englands.

'view from the office today'.

I find this use of 'office' in the context of musicians to not sit well with me. Is it because the point of going to listen to some music, or to have music with a major life event is to be about as far from the office as you can mentally be, and the person responsible for that, who's been granted the local societal crown of being competent and talented enough that they are selected for these very important moments is basically on the insta going 'back to the fucking grind mate another bunch of plebs tying the knot'.
I dunno, I've always been of a mindset that wether it be a bar show, a function, a festival you are enterting sacred space, and to treat it such, and most definitely do not compare it to offices. Offices design humanity out in favour of uniformity. Fuck off like.

I agree with ya but also think there's a level of satire or sarcasm involved. "This is where I get to work, thank fuck it's not an office" kinda thing. I think it also came from field work so science types who may usually be in an office show off their "office" for the day.

'a good job', 'dynamic workplace', 'dignity of labour' or anything to do with paid employment supposedly being fulfilling.

I can't imagine working 40 hours a week and being happy.
e.g. I quit working on a pig farm as a 17 year old and immediately I stopped being depressed - permanently.

I was in one of those offices last week that has 'inspirational quotes' written all over the walls. Big fuckin office too, and there's all this shit from the likes of Nelson Mandela and Stephen Hawking and crap like that, haha. I actually forgot to take a picture of the 'Leonardo Da Vinci quote' on one wall that also had a massive picture of some guy surfing a wave on it.
Imagine working in one of these places. "Yeah Nelson, your inspirational memory is really helping me sell this total fucking bullshit over the phone today!"
I stuck out Amazon for a year and a half nearly 20 years ago, but nowadays I'd wanna smash the whole fuckin place up within a week when faced with that fuckin shit!

in our offices in germany they did a revamp and decided to stencil quotes on the wall; the one nearest where i'd have sat when i visited was an ayn rand one, along the lines of 'it's better to do and ask forgiveness, than to seek permission and be denied'.
i did wonder was it one of the interior designers having a laugh.

in our offices in germany they did a revamp and decided to stencil quotes on the wall; the one nearest where i'd have sat when i visited was an ayn rand one, along the lines of 'it's better to do and ask forgiveness, than to seek permission and be denied'.
i did wonder was it one of the interior designers having a laugh.
I’ve had people say that to me in work. Never realized it was an Ayn Rand but when I think of it in the context of who said it, it fits

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back