wonky2 + new compilation (1 Viewer)

i would like to point out at this point that i just beat conor 1-0 in hattrick (although he is winning 3-1 on aggregate) and also i beat olds ass twice.

im bored

Yes that was a laugh. Directed at you. If you are going to slag people off for their playing, better make sure yours is spot on then.

I'm pleasantly surprised at your response, though. Weevil were the band I had in mind as they are fantastic, but I've only ever seen them play up in Dublin once (and they were brought up by a band very much outside the clique). They don't play here enough as far as I'm concerned.

This is not an assault on any group (remember that I like all the bands I've seen up here, with the exception of one, and its not yours happy.) I just think that there are plenty of good bands out there that deserve as much of a chance as those picked for this gig.

yeah, whatever uncle_meat... what *EVER*. my playing has been observed scientifically by test tubes and the like and it's reported to be in the 95%-100% excellence bracket with a devience of +/- 2% (when i have too much doobie before i play). and they keep logs, i saw their report on your playing, 23% at best, 'should give up' was the comment.
but seriously, you need to get to grips with this internet thing. you seem slightly dim. i've never heard the dickheads of ilk. duh! DUH uncle_meat, DUH!!!
but, weevil are great, aren't they?
DUH uncle_meat, DUH DUH DUH!!!

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by uncle_meat
Ind there seems to be an awful amount of backslappery going on

what back slappery?
my motivations for choosing the bands for the xfm night were pretty simple. i wanted a reasonable spread of who i thought would bring people along. a hell of a lot of people offered, and i've probably gotten too many on the bill as it stands, but it was genuinely what i considered the best diversity of bands in dublin at the moment.
basically it mattered that (a)they would be very good, (b) be xfm friendly and (c) actually capable of dragging a decent crowd.
backslappery probably comes into play in light of the bands are people who owed xfm some favours.

For example, if a really good band came along from beyond the pale (not mine, we're shite) and you yourself liked them, would you let them into your clique?
Have you done so in the past? These are genuine questions, no ulterior motive.

i asked boa morte from cork, who sadly were unavailable.
irrelavant of the xfm gig, we've been trying to organise a gig swap with weevil for some time.

Originally posted by Keeror
Where are you domiciled Mr. Unclealo?

Actually, you needn't answer that.
I thought for a minute you were someone else.
Sorry.

Originally posted by Dan

The one I love is the bands who you've never heard or heard of, and played some obscure gig in who gives a fuck where, who are suddenly thrown into the limelight. Meanwhile the rest of us slave our little asses off trying to get noticed, while cuntface, who has his dick so far up you know whos ass, gets to bypass all the hard work and just sits back and takes all the critical acclaim...
BASTARDS.

In advance..shutup Grey. :mad:

Don't hate the Chalets, Dan.
I like the Chalets.
Don't hate them.
Dead good at the eX-girl thingum.
Which one is cuntface?
From your description it must be one of the boys.

In other news:
last gig I booked had Boa Morte and the next one has a nice man playing his guitar who hasn't played any Wonkies or been actually heard by me.
Tell me I'm good.
I need the re-assurance.

bicth bitch bitch, moan moan moan.

PUT ON YIZZER OWN BLEEDIN GIGS IF YE DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE.

simple as that. no, stop, it's that simple.

Old, a big thumbs up

Originally posted by old

Don't hate the Chalets, Dan.
I like the Chalets.
Don't hate them.
Dead good at the eX-girl thingum.
Which one is cuntface?
From your description it must be one of the boys.

In other news:
last gig I booked had Boa Morte and the next one has a nice man playing his guitar who hasn't played any Wonkies or been actually heard by me.
Tell me I'm good.
I need the re-assurance.

well on a completely different note, our album is all mixed and is being sent back to us today, yay!

I can't wait

that means it'll be in the shops soon

yay!

that means we'll do a release party

yay!

Originally posted by happy
bicth bitch bitch, moan moan moan.

PUT ON YIZZER OWN BLEEDIN GIGS IF YE DON'T LIKE WHAT YOU SEE.

simple as that. no, stop, it's that simple.

I was about to say that Mr Happy

what happened to the days of putting on your own gigs? Instead of sitting around whinging and waiting to be begged to play some big gig fest in the TBMC??

Book a venue, ask some crowd puller type band to play with you to get the bums in seats if you like. You can't just form a band and expect the world and its cousin to come beating down your door.

And if it is the Chalets your having a pop, and god forgive you if it is as that band contains some the nicest folk ever, I can tell you for a fact that band worked bloody hard in the depths of Loop for months before they even attempted to play a gig, so fair dues to them

and they type thier lyrics and print them out of computers like big sissys

This is so anal having to explain myself. A few things, because I moaned about one thing I'm now responsible for moaning about everything else.

Unclemeat isn't in the dickheads of ilk. Hes opinions don't reflect mine. I couldn't give a fuck whether a band is from outside the pale or not. If there good theyre good, couldn't give a shit where there from.

I'm going to the xfm gig tomorrow and looking forward to it. I made a completely separate point to the one sparse (was it?) made. I see what hes saying about the same bands at each gig, but I really dont care. Been at the sabbath, wonky and enjoyed them all. Thyre the best bands around dublin at the moment so should be playing the bigger gigs.

Someone seemed to thnk I was pissed off because I wasn't asked to play!!!!! This nearly knocked me over I laughed so much. When did I ever say that. If anyone ever asked the dickheads to play a gig with themi'd be well surprised. Jeeesus. Most gigs I've played I organised myself, or helped out anyway and if it was outside dublin I asked someone else to organise it and return the favour.

The chalets..think about. They didnt come out of nowhere, so how could I be referring to them? People can all relax your obviously over-inflated egosand stop being paranoid. I don't think any of the people I had in mind even posts on this board as far as I''m aware. I was referring to a practise which I don't like. Why do I have to name people? I hate seeing people litter the street. If i say this do I have to have names to back it up??

Dudley, best of luck with the gig tomorrow. As I've already said, what I was complaining about wasn't in reference to the line-up of the gig. In hindsight, I meant what I said but it maybe shouldn't have been posted in this thread. happy thanks for renaming my band.

I love you all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back