wonky2 + new compilation (2 Viewers)

So:

Conor asks a question

Everyone talks shite and doesn't answer the question

Conor answers the question

That's my insight. Do with it what you will, comrades. I'm still drunk and it's quarter of eleven.

I'm angry at work today so I'm gonna be as controversial as I can with my posts, so here we go.

Would it not be true to say that Wonky2, Sabbath and the xfm benefit are all the same, more or less. Is there no variety in Dublin? The same 5 bands playing to the same 100 people. Eventhough I like most if not all of these bands, it gets a bit tiresome after the 7th similar gig with the same line up.

yeah, i hate that.

it's like buying an album, and listening to it more than twice.

what's the fucking point?

Originally posted by sparse
I'm angry at work today so I'm gonna be as controversial as I can with my posts, so here we go.

Would it not be true to say that Wonky2, Sabbath and the xfm benefit are all the same, more or less. Is there no variety in Dublin? The same 5 bands playing to the same 100 people. Eventhough I like most if not all of these bands, it gets a bit tiresome after the 7th similar gig.

The one I love is the bands who you've never heard or heard of, and played some obscure gig in who gives a fuck where, who are suddenly thrown into the limelight. Meanwhile the rest of us slave our little asses off trying to get noticed, while cuntface, who has his dick so far up you know whos ass, gets to bypass all the hard work and just sits back and takes all the critical acclaim...
BASTARDS.

In advance..shutup Grey. :mad:

your charms won't work on me.

to whit: i havn't a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Originally posted by sparse
Would it not be true to say that Wonky2, Sabbath and the xfm benefit are all the same, more or less.

fucking hell.
not really, no.
and if you don't like it, don't come.

also, be fucking delighted that far more than 'a 100 people' are turning up for these gigs

wonky1 had 600 punters, sabbath had 400.
that these 'tiresome' bands can pull together crowds like that is fucking deadly says i.

begrudgers, bedamned.

Have some sympathy for my mates and I. We started laying the groundwork for a small label 'wonky music' last autumn - we registered the domain name for www.wonkymusic.com in January and have our email addresses linked up to it - we got headed paper, did a logo, did press releases, promoted about half a dozen small gigs as wonkymusic events (listed in irish times, event guide, etc.)blah, blah, blah.

Since then the 'wonky' event has taken off - it has more promotion and publicity, so it now holds the nation's hearts when it comes to using the 'wonky' title.

Tired of explaining we're not 'that' wonky, we've decided to change the label name and now have to relaunch the whole thing with the title 'villain records'. On the bright side though, we haven't released anything yet, so as far as releases go, the changeover will be painless enough.

I know the whole thing is just an unfortunate (for us) coincidence, and I don't want to start another 'someone else is using the dirtysachez name' style thread. Nevertheless, it is a pain in the cakehole.

villian records sounds like my label, Criminal records.

writs at dawn, i think

Originally posted by dudley

fucking hell.
not really, no.
and if you don't like it, don't come.

also, be fucking delighted that far more than 'a 100 people' are turning up for these gigs

wonky1 had 600 punters, sabbath had 400.
that these 'tiresome' bands can pull together crowds like that is fucking deadly says i.

begrudgers, bedamned.

Aye, fuck aye...

Wonky was in a great venue and was brilliant....

The Sabbath was let down by it's venue... it got very stuffy in there....

Hopefully Wonky 2 will have some new acts... I won't be there....

By the way there is also a wonky records and a band called wonky - they're both in the US though, so for legal purposes they can't claim copoyright here if they haven't established their use of it in ireland.

I reckon we're safe enough on the villain vs criminal records, after all they are spelt differently - also, wicked as they are, villains are not necessarily criminals, and any statement to the contrary is libellous.

Originally posted by Dan

The one I love is the bands who you've never heard or heard of, and played some obscure gig in who gives a fuck where, who are suddenly thrown into the limelight. Meanwhile the rest of us slave our little asses off trying to get noticed, while cuntface, who has his dick so far up you know whos ass, gets to bypass all the hard work and just sits back and takes all the critical acclaim...
BASTARDS.

In advance..shutup Grey. :mad:

Why be so vague? Let's hear some names. I'm intrigued.

The backlash has started. I love it to peeces.

I think I'm going deaf. What?

In advance..let's hear what Yellow has to say.

Originally posted by Vinnie

Why be so vague? Let's hear some names. I'm intrigued.

The backlash has started. I love it to peeces.

I think I'm going deaf. What?

In advance..let's hear what Yellow has to say.

Vinnie.. something in the back of my mind tells me you're in the Jimmy Cake?? If so, you're off the hook.

Who comes to mind?? Well whoever comes to mind is who I'm talking about. You know as well as me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back