Women's clothes (1 Viewer)

Say a fella wanted to buy his wife a cool and maybe a bit fancy dress for her birthday, where might he look? @riath @Jill Hives @jonah ?
I’m the worst person to ask about dresses as I’m more of a boiler suit or overall gal these days. I have no reason to shop for pretty dresses anymore. I hope you find something lovely for her though. 🙂

Also, I heard you were visiting my neck of the woods recently. Pity the place wasn’t open yet to pop in for a pint.

I was! Don't think I'd ever been in Nenagh before - next time I will pop in for sure (if you haven't sold it by then)
I live near there
Nenagh legend Bubba Shakespeare can often be seen performing on the main street. he likes his outlandish clothes but I don't think he wears dresses
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

there's also a few metal bands. Julian Gough is long gone

I live near there
Nenagh legend Bubba Shakespeare can often be seen performing on the main street. he likes his outlandish clothes but I don't think he wears dresses

thats deadly.

I've spent a long time explaining how 'well' works in rural ireland to my dublin born wife

I live near there

I’ve never seen him there, but I’m only really in town during the week. I’d love to see the reactions to him though.

@egg_ these places have nice dresses www.ilovecarousel.com, www.rockfrocks.com but I’m not sure if they’ll go with the knee high boots I’m guessing you’re planning on her wearing with them.

Gah! Sorry @Squiggle ! I thought 3 women seemed like an awful small number, and then went off on a reverie about how it's all fellas on thumped these days. Thank you <3

(and if there are any other thumped women around I'd appreciate your input too ... is @YoungHearts a woman?)
Haha, I am, most certainly a woman. This is a lovely idea, and I will be back to you, but @jonah has provided a great list! :love:

I’ve never seen him there, but I’m only really in town during the week. I’d love to see the reactions to him though.

@egg_ these places have nice dresses www.ilovecarousel.com, www.rockfrocks.com but I’m not sure if they’ll go with the knee high boots I’m guessing you’re planning on her wearing with them.
Bubba's been around a lot recently mostly on Friday's about noon near Holland and Barrett. wasn't there today though. nearly everyone knows him at this stage so he has to keep saying hello to people during his RnB flavoured rap tunes. he's very good at dissing rivals in rap battles.

I used to think Mary from the Virgin Prunes was the coolest most attractive Irish woman ever. I eventually realised she was a guy called Sean.

Gah! Sorry @Squiggle ! I thought 3 women seemed like an awful small number, and then went off on a reverie about how it's all fellas on thumped these days. Thank you <3

(and if there are any other thumped women around I'd appreciate your input too ... is @YoungHearts a woman?)
It's fine, I dip in and out... but of the brands stocked there, blutsgesweister have some asolutely gorge dresses, as do circus (bonus, designed in Ireland)... Bluts boobs are a thing... those dresses are really flattering, and some even have pockets - if you're not a woman you won't get how something having pockets is important, so just trust me. And they usually show the clothes on models of different sizes, so you can see the skinny and ample versions.

Just as a matter of interest, do other male Thumpeders buy clothes for their wives/girlfriends? Personally it's not something I would feel competent about.

Just as a matter of interest, do other male Thumpeders buy clothes for their wives/girlfriends? Personally it's not something I would feel competent about.
Personally, I like vouchers or to be asked if there's something I've had my eye on. It's so cringe when a SO buys you clothes and it's the wrong size or isn't something that you like. Buying for a SO can be time consuming and bloody difficult so when receiving a clothing gift there's all this pressure to not offend the giver unintentionally by not liking their gift.
So, lads! If you buy your female SO clothes, always, ALWAYS include the gift receipt and NEVER take offence if she doesn't like what you've bought her.
This is very important!

Only 2-3 times when I saw something that I knew they'd probably buy themselves, and only one of these was a birthday/xmas deal, the others were more opportunity purchases
Otherwise clothes is something I'd avoid entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back