Women (1 Viewer)

Yeah probably the sugary drinks. Too much salt too I believe. And incredible bad luck. And being cursed by that witch you crossed.

Worth avoiding in any case.

SPOILER="And just for the sake of the moan off "]..or people haven't been subjected to my bitching before I've had trigeminal neuralgia for about 15 years, I've had shingles twice and my concept of pain is so off kilter I once spent a month trying to walk off an ACL. I haven't delivered a child or had kidney stones but then those tend not to last as long.
Weirdest recent development: I spent so much of my twenties in so much pain that when i drink wine (almost never, instant pain trigger) I start getting sentimental about them because I can only really remember them properly when I'm in intense pain. Like a familiar smell/song type memory thing. HOWEVER the most painful thing ever is still the most painful thing you've felt, it is always subjective.
[/SPOILER]

Best winter in years.
Acupuncture has changed my life. I'm actually a lot like a normal human a lot of the time now so long as I keep paying the lady to redirect my chi.

_jp-sears_03_jwb-edit2.jpg

I am also of the opinion that acupuncture is top shit, had a trapped ulnar nerve a few years back and a few acu sessions sorted it out grand.

Worth avoiding in any case.

SPOILER="And just for the sake of the moan off "]..or people haven't been subjected to my bitching before I've had trigeminal neuralgia for about 15 years, I've had shingles twice and my concept of pain is so off kilter I once spent a month trying to walk off an ACL. I haven't delivered a child or had kidney stones but then those tend not to last as long.
Weirdest recent development: I spent so much of my twenties in so much pain that when i drink wine (almost never, instant pain trigger) I start getting sentimental about them because I can only really remember them properly when I'm in intense pain. Like a familiar smell/song type memory thing. HOWEVER the most painful thing ever is still the most painful thing you've felt, it is always subjective.
[/SPOILER]

Yes, pain is definitely subjective! I've never been through anything near the pain you live with, daily (though glad to hear you're in a good place).

The worst things I've really experienced were me auld septic gallstones.

One thing I will say here about "gendering" pain, is - and you know what, this is also largely true for a lot of chornic pain sufferes too, regardless of gender - that it is definitely true that a lot of women deal with pain that is often written off as psychological or dismissed because of gender. I had to see three different GPs before anyone would give me an ultrasound for my gallstones. I've ONLY had bad experiences talking to doctors about menstrual pain (sure isn't that just normal?). Does this have an impact on our ability to bear pain? IDK, honestly.

And again just to repeat myself, coming at this from the perspective of someone who deals with an "invisible illnes", this doesn't just happen because of gender, but gender is definitely a significant factor in the above.

One thing I will say here about "gendering" pain, is - and you know what, this is also largely true for a lot of chornic pain sufferes too, regardless of gender - that it is definitely true that a lot of women deal with pain that is often written off as psychological or dismissed because of gender. I had to see three different GPs before anyone would give me an ultrasound for my gallstones. I've ONLY had bad experiences talking to doctors about menstrual pain (sure isn't that just normal?). Does this have an impact on our ability to bear pain? IDK, honestly.

And again just to repeat myself, coming at this from the perspective of someone who deals with an "invisible illnes", this doesn't just happen because of gender, but gender is definitely a significant factor in the above.
Women are less likely to be prescribed pain medication, compounded further if they are POC. It is a fairly consistent finding when they study how pain is treated by the medical profession and every woman I know seems to have a similar story about being written off where a man would get a prescription and a referral with little bother.

Oh, don't even get me started on doctors and women. I have to go through the pain of my body more or less trying to expel (like a kidney stone) a metal fish hook 5 days a month because my non-existent future husband needs his say.

I once took a bus across the city to get to my doctor and then the A&E (much to their surprise) with my lungs filled with blood clots and one large one that lodged between my lung and heart cutting off everything resulting in waking up to paddles on my chest and annoyed because the pain was back. There were a few moments of bliss before I collapsed where I thought I was dead because the pain stopped. No pain has come that close but that "fishhook feeling" is high on the pain scale because I need to grab on to tables or the bar to brace myself for waves of it to pass. Grin and bear it.

Oh, don't even get me started on doctors and women. I have to go through the pain of my body more or less trying to expel (like a kidney stone) a metal fish hook 5 days a month because my non-existent future husband needs his say.

I once took a bus across the city to get to my doctor and then the A&E (much to their surprise) with my lungs filled with blood clots and one large one that lodged between my lung and heart cutting off everything resulting in waking up to paddles on my chest and annoyed because the pain was back. There were a few moments of bliss before I collapsed where I thought I was dead because the pain stopped. No pain has come that close but that "fishhook feeling" is high on the pain scale because I need to grab on to tables or the bar to brace myself for waves of it to pass. Grin and bear it.

Jesus Christ this sounds awful :(

QED

Attachments

• Atomic Blonde.gif
    Atomic Blonde.gif
    537.7 KB · Views: 4
god such a pack of whingers
Whinged my face off last dentist visit
I made them give me two additional shots of Novocaine – which they had to huddle on for the second "We don't usually do this"

Because I wasn’t letting them proceed while it was still hurting
They weren’t happy, but I am not going to lie there hurting when there’s an option not to

Also, they (all lady staff) were all wearing wedding rings, so there was no one to impress with any displays of toughness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back