Witwatchers # 2 - Featuring Tom Bell (London), original comedy in Cork (1 Viewer)

corksongs

Corksongs & Witwatchers presents

Upstairs @ Cashmans Bar, Academy Street, Cork
Sat 13 March - 9pm(ish) - €6

a night of original comedy with Tom Bell (England),
Conn O'Sullivan (Cork) & Roman Leonard (6'3', 15 stone)
"Witwatchers: a new occasional comedy club, all about wit & ha's, and not t*ts and a*s"

Headliner: TOM BELL

"One of the full-on funniest hours I can remember spending... Surreal comedy at its best” * * * * * (THE SCOTSMAN)

"As brilliant as a fish on a bicycle and even more preposterous." * * * * (CHORTLE)

Tom Bell is a prolific sketch and stand up comedian having written and performed for Channel 4, BBC 3, FIVE, Radio 1, 7 and 6Music.

As part of the double-act Tommy & the Weeks he was a big hit at the last three Edinburgh Fringe Festivals. They have two TV pilots and one radio pilot in production and have gathered countless rave reviews; heralded by The Guardian as “A future great British double act”

As a solo performer he has carved out an impressive CV. His surreal and charming style of comedy has seen him perform right across the UK for nearly every major stand-up promoter, at festivals (including Glastonbury and Latitude), at six Edinburgh Fringe Festivals, and become a surprise hit in Germany, Norway and Japan. He is also regular compere at his own comedy night in North London.

“A breath of fresh air... Bursting with ideas and imagination... Oddball and hilarious." (FEST)

He is also gathering a strong reputation for the innovation of his work. His debut solo Edinburgh Fringe show, "The Lost Tapes of Tom Bell", (an official "hot show" pick in The Scotsman) featured interviews of tapes of himself aged seven and was described by The Guardian as "a truly high-quality show... contextualised by good jokes and perfect timing." His follow up show was no less inventive, climaxing in the forming of a band from members of the audience to help fulfill his rockstar fantasies and his latest show "Hey Tom Bell!" Weaved stories out of happy memories suggested by the audience.

“Winning and eccentric” (BBC ONLINE)

“Brilliantly silly” (METRO)

i know it's a bit off topic
but at least one of us will be doing music related jokes
if it goes well I might just drop my
'teenage mutant ninja tortoise' idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back