Winter coats for men (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Im in the market for a new winter jacket. I've searched the city and found only one nice one in my size but it was a bit trop cher. Im after something stylish but cheap, warm but cool. I might be in belfast next week - are there likely to be better bargains worth waiting for up there?

Casual, not too fancy or dressy, but not total shite either. Im not too sure about price, depends how irresistable it is i suppose

go with berghaus/north face/fjall raven then,first two are in any good outdoor store (north face have a shop in temple bar too) fjall's are only in urban to the best of my knowledge but id imagine belfast would have a couple of shops selling them.you will pay upwards of a ton for a decent jacket but chances are you'll still have it in ten years time.also last season i picked up a couple of nice jackets in marks and next,bit dressy but might be worth a look.

Military pea coats are pretty nice- and "stylish" these days, i saw it in the Times Style magazine so...

sterlingpeacoat_mensDETAIL.jpg

Check Gap because they usually have decent stuff that lasts. My denim jacket (I know not winter) is on it's 9th year. They always have classic winter gear too.

do we have a gap store?
i messaged a lad i know off another forum from belfast,he's a big fan of jackets too so im sure he'll have some good advice for up north.

There is one in Belfast and one on Henry Street now. I think Belfast might have a bigger shop.

ah right,didnt there used to be one on the green?
shaney-"If he's lucky, though he may be too late. there were some crackin coats in TK Maxx last week, SI, Barbour, OTS to name but a few. There's a sale on in Cruise (Victoria centre) and House of Fraser, also in the VC, Bureau's allways good but pricey."

Would also say check TKMaxx. Even better if you can get yourself to one outside of dublin.

this is what I'm sporting this winter
296987539_o.jpg

Crombie.

I've a similar one myself, they're fair warm and just the right side of formal !

I was wearing it last week and some drunk old guy asked me was it a Harris Tweed and I thought he was coming onto me but my girlfriend set me straight.

This thread makes me angry and i can't quite put my finger on why

it's like reading an ad for corduroy trousers (with elasticated waist)
and overhearing someone tell a friend about how they're actually a good idea

ps I don't like any of the coats in this thread

Duffle coats are back in, right?

My coat cost me about 6 euro in a charity shop 5 years ago and i'm still wearing it.

it's horrible though, you don't want to get one like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back