windows problem (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
2cnzdpl.jpg

My son has his message when he tries to log into Windows 10. I'm no help with the pc, what is this, apart from being upside down that is?

2cnzdpl.jpg

My son has his message when he tries to log into Windows 10. I'm no help with the pc, what is this, apart from being upside down that is?
Has it just gotten that latest windows 10 update?

Have you got Avast antivirus installed?

Well that didn't work.

Avast was on the pc. We uninstalled it (didn't work), we put it back on and updated it (didn't work). Various other things....

I have youtube open in the ipad and we're going through videos. The first one didn't work so we imporvised. Currently backing up his data.

corrupted user file. I had to dig into a User Profiles folder and change the name of a file. This just got it working. All his files were backed up, which is a good thing because now they're gone. Still it's not working properly, the Start menu isn't displaying like it used to. The Mail app isn't launching, his bookmarks are all gone.
The next time he starts the pc I think there's a good chance it will happen again.

Was it ntuser.dat? That could make you believe the files were deleted but they should still be about. ntuser.dat contains user interface details and prefs of the logged in user.

We're all routing for you man.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was it ntuser.dat? That could make you believe the files were deleted but they should still be about. ntuser.dat contains user interface details and prefs of the logged in user.

Yea, something like that. I was able to locate his documents and back them up but now they seem gone???

Another thing to check:

The folders you backed up are inside a hidden folder. Similar to the way OS X hides the ~/Library directory.

• Open This PC, click View and select Options.
  • In the Folder Options window, choose View, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
Then go browse within C:\Users\[YOURUSERNAME] and look for folders with a transparent style, they're the hidden folders.

i have my sister's laptop at the moment, possibly a similar issue. looks like user profile corruption. can't log on, user profile service cannot be loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back