Windows 10 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 3
I've only noticed two things
- the mouse pointer sometimes goes a bit funny, like it's been stretched vertically to about 2x normal size
- I think there might be a problem with the Realtek audio drivers. It kept telling me that I was connecting & disconnecting a device, when I wasn't. So I had to disable the alerts - no big deal, until I noticed that audio playback was being interrupted for maybe .5 seconds every now and then. Bit of a pain.

Audio derps are something that would drive me mad, even though I wouldn't be putting it on my main music making machine.

Audio derps are something that would drive me mad, even though I wouldn't be putting it on my main music making machine.
one of these days i'll see if i can figure it out.. probably just need newer drivers installed. but it just isn't annoying me enough yet.

I got the urge and installed and upgrade today (couldn't have been arsed reinstalling my software). Can't say I notice a huge difference from 7 off the bat (apart from the start menu, it feel's like a reskin). Obviously will see what's going on as time goes bye.

No issues but for having to reinstall the Arturia Soft Elicencer for the softsynths I use in Reaper. For some reason windows 10 didn;t like it, and wouldn't let it run, but a quick reinstall did the trick.

does the current os have to be fully patched via windows update before the 10 download starts??

I downloaded an .iso of the installer from the Microsoft site and then burned it to a DVD. I then ran the installer on that disk from within Windows 7. I chose the upgrade option, rather than a clean install (wiping all my programs and data) and it prompted me to run windows update to see if there was anything else needed to get windows 7 up to date (as far as I recall).

Perhaps this wouldn't happen if you had the DVD but booted from said DVD rather than running it from within your current operating system, and you wouldn't need to update windows 7 first?

Microsoft has pre-enabled WUDO feature on both versions of Windows 10 i.e. Home and Pro. While on Windows 10 Education and Enterprise, this feature is enabled for local networks only.

For those of you who don’t know, the basic working of this feature is identical to Torrent. Your computer will be unknowingly used as a part of a peer-to-peer network to further distribute update files to other users around the world, hence consuming your upload bandwidth. It does seem like a good feature but for those users who are on limited or capped Internet connection, this would be their worst nightmare!

Windows 10 Uses Your Bandwidth to Send Updates to Other Users

No sound issues to report with general use, or with music software. In fact W10 has automatically resolved the fact that I could never get the Bluetooth speakers I own to connect with my laptop. Just came on holiday and found the Bluetooth speaker just works with W10.

Probably not for a few weeks but you'll be able to install it over the internets

Just make sure you turn off all the "let us take your data" options instead of choosing the express setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back