• Replies 11
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 0

ron

July 4-12 2009

Anyone even been? Thoughts?
Campsite?
Thanks

i've been a couple of times, it's great craic, there's camping space down by the beach at spanish point (free). it's about a 20-30 minute walk from town.
try asking on eirecore, a few people there go down most years.

July 4-12 2009

Anyone even been? Thoughts?
Campsite?
Thanks
was there last year
didnt do anythin in the school but did camp for a week
theres a paid campsite down past spanish point.can remember how much it was

camped on the grass by the beach the nooly was on about for most of it n that was grand, closer to miltown too

Great Craic, plenty of booze, didn't go to any of the schools just to sessions in the pub. We camped just outside the town accross from the gaa pitch's in a field. Wash in the sea at spanish point.

I went to the school a couple of years in a row and it was awesome. Last year, I got to spend a week listening to Martin Hayes play and talk every day in a little classroom. If you're mad into getting pissed up and staying up til the bould hours then you'd have to do your classes waistoid because they're every day from ten.

The sessions are wicked though, specially if the weather's nice and you get outdoor ones and random street ones. The last weekend's a bit full on but. Full o drunken perverts. My da reckons it'll be quieter this year because the global recession means lots of international people won't make it. I can't fucking wait.

Weekends are too mental alright. Crosses of Annagh, a wee bit outside Miltown, is the spot for epic late sessions. Singers Club down the back of the Malbay is deadly too.

Bleeding savage week. Classes are great but it depends on who you get. I did them one year and got James Kelly and Tommy peoples. Taught me how to play polkas in the Kerry style which kicks ass. Thinking about doing banjo lessons this year but not sure how beneficial they'll be coz i'm only a beginner and not sure if i'd get the attention required in a class of twenty. Still though an amazing week, highlight of the year

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back