William Hill Sports book of the Year nominations (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
In case anyone is interested

• Thierry Henry: Lonely at the Top - A Biography by Philippe Auclair (Macmillan)
  • Stillness and Speed: My Story by Dennis Bergkamp (Simon & Schuster)
  • The Boys In The Boat: An Epic True-Life Journey to the Heart of Hitler's Berlin by Daniel James Brown (Macmillan)
  • You Don't Know Me, But… A Footballer's Life by Clarke Carlisle (Simon & Schuster)
  • Running My Life: The Autobiography by Seb Coe (Hodder & Stoughton)
  • The Outsider: My Autobiography by Jimmy Connors (Bantam Press)
  • The Sports Gene: What Makes The Perfect Athlete by David Epstein (Yellow Jersey Press)
  • Dreams Do Come True: The Autobiography by Katherine Grainger (Andre Deutsch)
  • Immortal: The Approved Biography of George Best by Duncan Hamilton (Century)
  • Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy: A Journey to the Heart of Cricket's Underworld by Ed Hawkins (Bloomsbury)
  • I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovi%u0107 by Zlatan Ibrahimovi%u0107, David Lagercrantz and Ruth Urbom (Penguin)
  • Fear And Loathing in La Liga: Barcelona Vs Real Madridby Sid Lowe (Yellow Jersey Press)
  • Doped: The Real Life Story of the 1960s Racehorse Doping Gang by Jamie Reid (Racing Post)
  • Henry Cecil: Trainer of Genius by Brough Scott (Racing Post)
  • The Metaphysics of Ping-Pong by Guido Mina di Sospiro (Yellow Jersey Press)
  • Seven Deadly Sins: My Pursuit of Lance Armstrong by David Walsh (Simon & Schuster)
  • Domestique: The True Life Ups and Downs of a Tour Pro by Charly Wegelius and Tom Southam (Ebury Press)

I Am Zlatan Ibrahimovic by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Lagercrantz and Ruth Urbom (Penguin)

I've only read one chapter of it that someone posted on some message board but this is hands down the winner for me.

Fcukin George Best...does the world need another book about George. It's not as if there's been any updates in the last 10 years.

What's your beef with Walsh?

The Hawkins book on corruption in cricket is supposed to be decent.
he wrote some untrue shit about me and others and when we confronted him about it on twitter he acted the prick.

his latest one is defending a particular cyclist, claiming to be impartial, but it emerging that hes writing this cyclist's biography.

Walsh made his name in the cycling world, went on to be, deservedly, a sports journalist of reknown, but has lost the plot in a big way in the last year. In the cycling world, apart from among some british folks, he is considered to have zero credibility anymore. Which is a terrible shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back