Will I get a better exchange rate from amazon.co.uk or from my BOI credit card? (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I can place the order in € or £.

Checking the bank rates, it looks like they'll be €20 cheaper... except they say on the exchange calculator page that the displayed rate "does not include fees" that you'd be hit with actually exchanging cash, while the Amazon checkout page says the euro price includes all fees.

HALP.

Yeah..paypal are the best for international exchange when buying online

Short answer: I doubt there'd be much in the difference. Amazon would be charging you about the same price as a teller at an airport.

Long answer: Amazon kicked off paypal a while back as far as i know. It was only available in the marketplace area anyway.

The choice here is between Amazon's rate of exchange (where they do the exchange themselves and then charge your card in euro) or your card companys rate of exchange (where they charge your card in GBP and your bank charges you an exchange fee). Unfortunately you'd need to find out for yourself what your card/bank would charge you. Remember it's not just the exchange rate itself but including whatever fee they'd charge you to do it.

Last edited:
If I want to use US$ cash to pay off my credit card bill is there a good and a bad way to do it or is going in to the bank and asking them to lodge it to the credit card the only way?

MosaicaFX is great. They are a broker partnered with all the major currency providers, they can definitely get you the best rates because they make banks compete for your business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back