Why men behave like pigs (1 Viewer)

I haven't been to Thumped for a while, and this caught my eye...it makes very interesting reading, and links in to so many thoughts that I have so regularly, as a woman, and just as person in the world who has lived thirty-something years. My own little contribution comes from my experience in law (my previous life/career) - once you start reading criminal law cases (which I wouldn't advise) there are some stark realities and patterns that emerge-while there are some cases of women perpetrating rape, paedophilia, sexual assault, and common assault-it is overwhelmingly perpetrated by men, and in sexual assault and rape cases, almost always towards women. There are of course, many reasons for this, each case is different, but my own research and experience leads to the suggestion that there is a fundamental problem with rage and power-and the need to exercise that, which can often come out in twisted, deformed ways. Most men are not this way. Thankfully they tend to be the men I have in my life. But it is a problem. Teenage girls are not the ones shooting up schools. And teenage girls experience rage, and feeling marginalised and disempowered, just like any teenager. For the last many years, I have been teaching at UCD, and it is interesting to see the shifts in some behaviour in a younger generation, as has been mentioned on this thread already, it is a positive shift, but again, this is only from my experience....and seeing shifts with the way that a younger generation are interacting with each other....not that there aren't other issues....but I am hopeful. It is perhaps going to be a slower, incremental shift than we would like, it will take a long time to unpick all the patriarchy that is stitched in to the fabric of society....and some of the ingrained attitudes that a lot of men have to women. Sometimes it really gets me down, and I want to start setting fire to things, but then I read a bit of Judy Blume and feel a bit better, and keep the pyromania at bay for another day. I suppose we all have to keep calling out terrible behaviour (the spectrum is wide, but includes catcalling, groping, unwanted advances-these things have happened to every woman I know, and sadly are conversations we are still having with each other)-and I suppose trying to keep talking about these things, it is so important, which this thread helps to do! BUT I HAVE HOPE.

This is a really good read. Edit: Horrific story, but the article is a reaction to current media reporting of a recent event and echoes what I said earlier about the reporting here years ago of a similar incident.

"The man who viciously, brutally, hatefully murdered Hannah Clarke and her three children didn’t emerge from a bubble. He isn’t an outlier to an otherwise healthy society defined by gender equality and mutual respect. He and every other man like him, the men who have already been responsible for murdering eight women this year alone and who were responsible for murdering more than 50 women last year are the logical endpoint of a society that refuses to address the reality of misogyny, entitlement, patriarchy and the bubbling sewerage of sexism that keeps all of these things afloat.

A man murders his entire family and we hear about his fu*king sporting achievements for crying out loud. A man murders his entire family and other men race to blame the ‘feminist Family Court and its demonisation of men’, despite the Family Court never having been more favourable to the rights of fathers and it being a NOT ENTIRELY LUDICROUS PROSPECT to want to protect children and children from men who are reasonably deemed to be a risk to their safety - the kind of risk that might see a man douse his family in petrol and burn them alive."

Last edited:
yes, women murderers are very rare
yet when a woman kills it's much more sensationalized by the media.
that i accept.

however there are two women i can think of in Ireland for facing charges
of child murder (Cork 2019) and Newcastle (in that case her own three children).

the woman in the latter case seemed to get a sympathetic reaction in
some quarters ?

in Ireland children committing murder is almost unheard of.
but the vilification they receive is far stronger than what any adult i can of think of gets.

when i point this out (as i do regularly) i get little response from people.

in the late 20th Century children being murdered by a family member
was almost unknown in Ireland.
this is no longer the case.

two conclusions i draw from the public and media reactions to this are:

- children are held to higher standards than adults
- their lives don't seem have the same value

i don't dispute Squiggle's points but this is another example of kids being
right at the bottom of society.

- children are held to higher standards than adults
- their lives don't seem have the same value

i don't dispute Squiggle's points but this is another example of kids being
right at the bottom of society.

This is a very valid point, and the biggest disgrace. I think that the prevalence of this attitude among the "pro-life" (more properly "pro-birthing") community was part of the reason that Repeal was successful.

The people who stand outside hospitals with coffins, crosses and rosaries have demonstrated over decades that they only place value on the unborn child. Once those babies enter the world they've no interest in supporting either it or its parents, and one could even argue that their track record shows that they are merely interested in ensuring that more children are produced for them to abuse.

And in that case in New Zealand the mother of the three murdered children had tried to protect them from their father, but his rights as a father were apparently more important than their right to be safe from harm.

I know that I have seen more outrage about alleged abuse of animals than I have seen about far worse abuse of either women or children.
So the pecking order seems to be something like
Men (in order or whiteness, richness etc)
Animals (unless hunted by manly men to prove their manliness)
Unborn babies
Newborn babies before they leave the hospital
Women
Children

So the pecking order seems to be something like
Men (in order or whiteness, richness etc)
Animals (unless hunted by manly men to prove their manliness)
Unborn babies
Newborn babies before they leave the hospital
Women
Children
Ah here, fucking steady on. You do realise that we enslave, kill, and eat animals?

This is a story I've been following for a while. It concerns a Latvian woman who was imprisoned because she took her kids away from their abusive father in South Africa, back to her native Latvia (my OH is Latvian and she brought it to my attention). South Africa reported her to Interpol for child abduction, and she was arrested, and jailed, in Denmark, while there on a business trip, pending extradition to South Africa.

I'll let you read the details of the case yourselves in the link above.

Anyway, the Latvian govt, an EU govt, were refusing to get involved until people started taking to the streets over there. Latvians tend to protest with flowers rather than with any form of aggression. The latest on the case is that she will be sent back to Latvia, and go to jail there. For saving her kids from an abusive fucking prick.

I just felt it relevant to post here, cos men are cunts.

This is a story I've been following for a while. It concerns a Latvian woman who was imprisoned because she took her kids away from their abusive father in South Africa, back to her native Latvia (my OH is Latvian and she brought it to my attention). South Africa reported her to Interpol for child abduction, and she was arrested, and jailed, in Denmark, while there on a business trip, pending extradition to South Africa.

I'll let you read the details of the case yourselves in the link above.

Anyway, the Latvian govt, an EU govt, were refusing to get involved until people started taking to the streets over there. Latvians tend to protest with flowers rather than with any form of aggression. The latest on the case is that she will be sent back to Latvia, and go to jail there. For saving her kids from an abusive fucking prick.

I just felt it relevant to post here, cos men are cunts.

It's not exactly the same but the Dail records discussing the Fethard On Sea boycott were essentially a bunch of dudes saying, that Prod bitch should bring her Catholic kids back to their father.

The irishtimes website frontpage right now ain't looking good for mens' reputations.

1582543282475.png

Cynthia Nixon knows where it's at

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back