Why exactly are macs so overpriced? (1 Viewer)

i gotten two on ebay in the past year in the same price range as a slightly posh real computer.

if thats whats this is about i could look up the sellers for ya.

that reads like defensive mac fanboy garbage to be honest.

After just a year or two of use, a Windows machine gets so gummed up with spyware, viruses and other nasty stuff that it seems malicious to ask anybody for money for the thing.
no. (Well yeah, if you're thick)

The only bit that makes a bit of sense is the resale value and that only backs up the fact that they are expensive

Thanks. The reason I ask is in light of the upgrade of macbook pros yesterday.

Apple are selling machines with graphics cards that are almost two years old and charging a lot for it. The processors are fast but nothing groundbreaking. For the price of a top macbook pro you could buy an Alienware machine that would blow it out of the water specswise.

I use one myself and would stick with them mainly because they are really reliable and I prefer osx to windows but their hardware specs aren't in anyway impressive for the huge price.

Well i've been working with a ton of RAW photographs recently and my macbook is showing its age. Its no big deal but I got a new 3.33ghz dual core dell in work that does the same job so much quicker. I was looking over the new macbook specs and prices earlier and wondered was there any clear reason for the higher price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back