Why can't I redownload an album I bought? (1 Viewer)

Certain record companies websites/bandcamp pages not letting me redownload albums I've bought before online. Single use only email link? As if people never lose music. Fuck sake
Of course they're not going to let you download it as many times a you want you plonker.

Happy birthday by the way

Of course they're not going to let you download it as many times a you want you plonker.

Happy birthday by the way

Why not?
You give no valid reason, even something like 5 times.

Plenty of other bands do.
I've already paid for it.
It's not unreasonable and it makes sense.

And thanks,
You plonker

It's a DIGITAL download, I could be downloading it then megauploading it or USBdrive-ing it to anyone from the first download So that argument holds no water
Haha, what a ridiculous argument. Why not just get it from a torrent in the first place then? They don't want loads of people using the one download coupon, I would have thought the reasons were self-evident.

Haha, what a ridiculous argument. Why not just get it from a torrent in the first place then? They don't want loads of people using the one download coupon, I would have thought the reasons were self-evident.

How is it a ridiculous argument?
I've already paid for it. There's not loads of people using one code, it's specific to one person. So the point you're making is nullified because by the same token loads of people could use the same code as it's not single use.
In fact you can download the same album loads of times before the code expires.
I know this because my net connection failed a few times and I'd seemingly loads of attempts to successfully download the album.

Are you asking why did I bother not illegally download an album in the first place?
I dunno, maybe because I like buying albums that my friends bands put out? I enjoy the vinyl and want it for my iPod?

A few times I've bought Irish vinyl and the code hasn't been in the sleeve or it hasn't worked. Is that the reason I should be seeking them on torrents?
I really don't know what point you're trying To argue or how you've come to the conclusion that it's a ridiculous argument.
Perhaps you're misunderstanding me.
There's a reason I've bought this music, because often it's local and probably unavailable to illegally download anyway.

HALF of the bandcamp links in my emails give a bandcamp link or code that works forever so an even more valid Reason as to why it's not a ridiculous argument.
You're in a few bands and releasing some stuff soon. If I bought a record and my DL code expired after 6 Months, and I emailed you to see if you could give me another one because of a hard drive crash, you'd actually laugh at me yeah?

You appear to have a negated to respond to my previous rambling inane post
That was leading down the garden path to a big long discussion about digital. And that digital media isn't like buying a jumper or whatever and I didn't really fancy getting into it. Soz

I disagree. It's already ridiculously easy to illegally share copyrighted material but for the people trying to scrape a living out of it why make it any easier?
Fair enough if it actually makes any difference to illegal downloading but does really? Is it worth the upset to poor Ernesto?

Fair enough if it actually makes any difference to illegal downloading but does really? Is it worth the upset to poor Ernesto?
Haha, but upsetting Ernesto is an end in itself!

I actually do think it makes a difference. If you have a reusable coupon lying around chances are you might give it to your girlfriend, brother, housemate or whomever just coz it's there. Now if they're your brother, housemate or girlfriend there's a reasonable chance they have a similar taste to you and that's 3 potential customers that more than likely won't buy the product because they already have it. Of course the vast majority were never going to pay for it anyway but if you're doling out thousands of coupons...

That was leading down the garden path to a big long discussion about digital. And that digital media isn't like buying a jumper or whatever and I didn't really fancy getting into it. Soz

Well I did. Because you claimed my argument was ridiculous and I wanted to explain to you what I meant because I don't think you do or at least did.

I don't think it's much to do with that aspect at all (buying digital media v hard copy etc).

Considering what's the usual run of the mill / par for the course -
Half of the downloads I paid for did not let me redownload them. So it's fifty fifty.
You were claiming how my argument was 'ridiculous'. How is it so if one half satisfied my needs and one half did not?

whether or not my views on digital downloads are the same as yours or not, I backed up my 'argument' and stated my case somewhat clearly because you seemed to think my point of view was absurd so to speak when I've already said it was about half of them. That's not a hard copy v digital v downloadable jumper argument, at all at all.

My complaint was Just that it's annoying when download links you've paid for expire,
When they don't have to.

He swans in, knocks over a few pints, calls you a name and then pisses on your shoes and leaves when you ask him why, classic Hermie

Considering what's the usual run of the mill / par for the course -
Half of the downloads I paid for did not let me redownload them. So it's fifty fifty.
You were claiming how my argument was 'ridiculous'. How is it so if one half satisfied my needs and one half did not?
I would say 50% just weren't bothered to pay for or code a system that limited customers to one download rather than consciously being benevolent.
He swans in, knocks over a few pints, calls you a name and then pisses on your shoes and leaves when you ask him why, classic Hermie
Says the bloke who shoved an almond all the way up my nose AND gave me a black eye on Christmas day.

Haha, but upsetting Ernesto is an end in itself!

I actually do think it makes a difference. If you have a reusable coupon lying around chances are you might give it to your girlfriend, brother, housemate or whomever just coz it's there. Now if they're your brother, housemate or girlfriend there's a reasonable chance they have a similar taste to you and that's 3 potential customers that more than likely won't buy the product because they already have it. Of course the vast majority were never going to pay for it anyway but if you're doling out thousands of coupons...

As I've already stated, having an 'extra' coupon makes no odds.
If you're going to assist in illegally transferring music, it's as easy as giving someone the files you downloaded on a USB
A reusable coupon?! What?
How about just your email address on their system? Because that's what I'm talking about.

I would say 50% just weren't bothered to pay for or code a system that limited customers to one download rather than consciously being benevolent.

That was the answer I was probably looking for. That would've been more helpful and less annoying than just calling my argument 'ridiculous'.

Alls I was saying was that it's mega fucking annoying having paid for something that I have already downloaded and/or just have the vinyl DL code. When it can be so easy to do what the other download lads have done

Gnome sane?

Says the bloke who shoved an almond all the way up my nose AND gave me a black eye on Christmas day.

That was a festive family tradition. This year you'll be getting more of my nuts in your face and some holly down your jocks.
And the black eye was a drunk accident but now I wish it wasn't, you big dirty rotter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back