Why am I so underwhelmed by music these days? (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

"I can't take too much loud music
I mean I like to play it, but I sure don't like the racket
Noise, but I can't hear anything
Just guitars screaming, screaming, screaming
Some guy screaming in a leather jacket
Whoaah!"

I'm the same when it comes to finding anything new, will be going to my 3rd Teenage Fanclub gig this year next month and the only other gigs I've been to this year were Stevie Wonder and Randy Newman. so nothing new whatsoever..

Only music I buy is vinyl that rarely is less than 20 years old. Was listening to the Brian Wilson Gershwin album the other day thinking I have got even worse that I'm now listening to music from the thirties! I'm hoping il get a second wind someday and start seeking out new stuff but I seem to be getting more and more cynical about music. Only a matter of time before I start referring to anything recorded after 1995 as noise.

I have a feeling that there are thousands of tunes on soundcloud/bandcamp by new bands that I'd love, I just need someone to find them for me. I might advertise for an unpaid intern.

Where's Melody Maker when you need it? Racing to the newsagents on a Thursday to discover your new favourite bands. :(

Nothing does it for anymore like it did years ago.

You'd come over all funny, get goose bumps and your jaw would slacken at the mere opening chord of a song.

I cant remember the last time that has happened.

It makes me sad.

Here The Ian..PM me your phone number..seriously, we need to talk.I can fix your attitude ..I promise..

NOW..dont wait!!

I doubt its an age thing, although it may be...

I still get excited by music, dont get me wrong, its just that I have to delve back into my collection & dust off something I aint heard in years to give me the eargasm I'm seeking.

Even the trusted oldsters, my go to guys arn't doing it for me like they used to, Prince, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr, Pet Shop Boys et al... I mean they are still producing great music, but its my reaction to it thats not the same.

Perhaps John Hughes was right, when you grow up, your heart dies. Is thats whats happened? Has my heart for music died?

You are a LOSER...

Good night.

its_a_trap.jpg

Respect..The Ian..I believe I'VE BEEN SERVED!!!

How are you buying and listening to music these days Ian? Perhaps that´s a factor. The lost physicality of record buying I think has affected a lot of people´s connection with music.

When I'm bothered its either vinyl (with a download code preferably) or a CD for the car. I've only bought downloads the odd time & always forget about them...

"I can't take too much loud music
I mean I like to play it, but I sure don't like the racket
Noise, but I can't hear anything
Just guitars screaming, screaming, screaming
Some guy screaming in a leather jacket
Whoaah!"
I couldn't agree more

the last two Paul Weller LPs have been amazing.
I think I've just thrown up in my mouth a little.

You need to get into Metal The Ian, the only musical form pushing boundries
I dig Baroness. Does that count?

You are a LOSER...

Good night.
Thats it. I'm deleting all my illegal Moutpiece downloads.

When I'm bothered its either vinyl (with a download code preferably) or a CD for the car. I've only bought downloads the odd time & always forget about them...

I couldn't agree more

I think I've just thrown up in my mouth a little.

I dig Baroness. Does that count?

Thats it. I'm deleting all my illegal Moutpiece downloads.

If you like Baroness try out some Torch.

teenagers get to be able to be obsessed with music because they don't have to worry about paying bills. i reckon a lot of people 'give up' on music around the time they start having real-life shit to deal with. i have zero evidence for this other than anecdotal.

apart from that, my advice would be to listen to action beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back