Who wants to be a millionaire (1 Viewer)

It's a bit like when I meet rich Americans who went to expensive schools

The really rich Americans get dispatched to English Public schools like Harrow etc, and then come back "with an accent", do a degree in Film Studies or some bollocks, and end up getting serious and doing an MBA at HARVARD. Which they tell you about in the first, or possibly second, sentence upon meeting you.

I'm not normally a proponent of summary execution, but...

but then again they don't know anything about King Adora.
king-ghidorah.jpg

I'd love to do Pointless.

And I think I'd do ok at the chase, provided the nerves didn't get me.

One of my great regrets in life is never having done The Just A Minute Quiz before Larry Gogan died.
Larry Gogan: Complete the phrase "as happy as_______"

Contestant: Oh, uh, um, it's ehhh......

LG: Think of me, think of me, as happy as......

C: A pig in shit!

I heard a story once about a bunch of lads on a work site one day, where one of them said to the rest "Who was the most photographed person in history?" (to which the answer was Hitler supposedly) and one of the dopes had a lightbulb moment and blurted out "I know! Jesus!!" and apparently spent the next 6 months paying for it haha

Pointless is a fascinating show, though I'd never go on it.

There was once a question "name any actor who's appeared in any of the Godfather movies".

Brando or Pacino would have scored you about 70 points. That means, frighteningly, that 30% of people couldn't even guess Brando or Pacino.

I said Sophia Ford Coppola, which scored 6 or something and James Caan which scored about 40. I don't think I'd ever win a game of Pointless.

There was once a question "name any actor who's appeared in any of the Godfather movies".

Brando or Pacino would have scored you about 70 points. That means, frighteningly, that 30% of people couldn't even guess Brando or Pacino.

I said Sophia Ford Coppola, which scored 6 or something and James Caan which scored about 40. I don't think I'd ever win a game of Pointless.
My mind would just go blank. I'd be thinking of Pacino, my brain would be going "don't say Robert De Niro you idiot" and my voice would say "Robert Redford."

Ugh, I can see it all now.

My proudest moment as a pointless watcher was when the final round was "Name Ben Affleck movies" and I reeled off about 7 answers that ended up being pointless.

Knowing that many Ben Affleck movies is also one of the most shameful moments of my life.

My mind would just go blank. I'd be thinking of Pacino, my brain would be going "don't say Robert De Niro you idiot" and my voice would say "Robert Redford."

Ugh, I can see it all now.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but out of the survey group of 100 people that they use, 30 of them, in a non-competitive situation, couldn't even guess Brando or Pacino. I think that's mind-boggling.

It's a great concept for a show though. Osman and Armstrong are a solid combo. It's just far too difficult for me.

I pretty much forget English if I'm being asked questions in front of a camera. Basic grammatical constructs are an ask, actually producing useful information? Yeah, good luck.

Saying what you want about Clarkson is a thread in itself.

at least you get the feeling that Clarkson encourages contestants and is genuinely pleased for them, not unlike Chris Tarrant. Gay Byrne on the other hand, almost took joy in people getting answers. it brought him glee to watch people answer wrong. never liked him (well im sure not mourning his death anyway!)

Pointless is my fave quiz show.
post punk albums was a final round option that to my annoyance no one ever choose
Probably they were just looking for song titles.
Things I would be weak on include actors names, food, plants, animals and yoga positions. But some revision on the periodic table and I'd be ready otherwise.

The missus just walked into the room going "are you alright, you sound like you're in pain".

I had spent a couple of minutes going "FUCK!" "SHIT!" "FUCKING HELL, NINA SIMONE!". When she came in I stare her dead in the eye and shout "Teardrop Explodes!".

I had been listening to "Counterpoint", a music quiz on BBC4 hosted by Paul Gambaccini. It was a very chastening experience. I think I got 4 out of 20 questions right. I'd recommend it though quiz fans.

Hahaha was just watching The Chase there, and it must have been taped 2 or 3 years ago. Question comes up, which actor won an Olivier in 2015 for his work with the Old Vic theatre.
Contestant doesn't know, turns it its Kevin Spacey haha.

Contestant - "Oh and I love Kevin Spacey"
Bradley - "So do I"

Hahahaha

Did anyone see "the wheel" a few weeks ago? One of the subjects was "Ireland" and the Irish one from big brother was the Ireland Expert. And the wheel ended up on her. plus it was for loads of money. Anyway the question was something like what's closer to Tipperary, Cork or Donegal? The contestant didn't know so he took her advice. She said Cork.

National disgrace.

Did anyone see "the wheel" a few weeks ago? One of the subjects was "Ireland" and the Irish one from big brother was the Ireland Expert. And the wheel ended up on her. plus it was for loads of money. Anyway the question was something like what's closer to Tipperary, Cork or Donegal? The contestant didn't know so he took her advice. She said Cork.

National disgrace.
Wait, she said Cork and that was wrong? Because...
EEFE2738-56B8-4F7D-9715-CE09B997C569.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back