Who just sat on the couch crying like a 6 year old? (1 Viewer)

I look like a sap now.
Jesus.

I must have posted this up in a rush of emotion.

All the same though, holy fuck, the relief, the outpouring of joy... the general feeling of "We'll have our country back thanks very much" that you can feel here.... fuck.

Yeah.
Ah sure.

well, i think it's nice. i did think you were taking the piss out of muffin to begin with though, you could have gone with that

0FE0268AF2F12D0B653750_Large.jpg

well, i think it's nice. i did think you were taking the piss out of muffin to begin with though, you could have gone with that

I was grand until I saw Jesse Jackson in the crowd, in fucking floods of tears, and realised he was standing beside Martin Luther King Jr when he got assassinated, he was blasted by water cannons and beaten by cops on civil rights marches, him and everyone else have seen their country dragged into the toilet by religious fundamentalist extremists... and now we're watching Barack Hussein Obama's acceptance speech.

Like the ad says, worth waiting for.

I was grand until I saw Jesse Jackson in the crowd, in fucking floods of tears, and realised he was standing beside Martin Luther King Jr when he got assassinated, he was blasted by water cannons and beaten by cops on civil rights marches, him and everyone else have seen their country dragged into the toilet by religious fundamentalist extremists... and now we're watching Barack Hussein Obama's acceptance speech.

Like the ad says, worth waiting for.

Jesse Jackson and MLK Jr have lived lives of privilege.
Jackson in particular has been on Obama's case calling him 'white' and wanting to 'cut his nuts off' until it was clear Obama had a shot at this thing.
He has enjoyed the status and wealth that came with being America's black leader without doing anything to improve the status of blacks, short of the odd racket.
Black Americans deserved so much better than him and they finally have it.

my son got the day off homework because of Obama's win. He did have to know "what he said about a 106 yr old woman" though and they'll be asked tomorrow.
So we watched the speech together just now on the BBC website. Touching stuff alright. I was all "don't look at me, look and listen to the speech, sniff".

Ah, but you have to be a black kid born to a black, single 16 year old girl in 1941 and grow up in South Carolina first though.

I'm not sure it was that or hijacking the civil rights movement and becoming a prolific shakedown artist and extorter of money from businesses that got him the house, but I bet it's nice anyway.

Thanks God he's finished.

god, that's irritating. i prefer the version without the rising popstars.
hey wait a minute, i've just realised that's ashley from fresh prince. weeeeeeeeeak

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back