Who here lives in Berlin? (1 Viewer)

"When I first came to Berlin, I didn't really like it here, the whole hipster thing," says Rachel Martin-Austin, a 31-year-old freelance graphic designer from New York. She's eating a knoedel, a German version of a dumpling, at an event called Street Food Thursdays in a Kreuzberg food market.

"When I first came to Berlin, I didn't really like it here, the whole hipster thing," says Rachel Martin-Austin, a 31-year-old freelance graphic designer from New York. She's eating a knoedel, a German version of a dumpling, at an event called Street Food Thursdays in a Kreuzberg food market.

"this is the kind of authentic experience she’s been looking for"

“I can Google a picture of the Brandenburg Gate, but I can’t Google a picture of the smoky bar in the Berlin street.”

I love that they include this picture with it

17-berlin-bar-smoke.w529.h352.2x.jpg

kudos! How is it going? I'm awful at languages and don't have the guts to go all in and just move somewhere where they speak foreign.
It's difficult but fun.

Depending on your job, you might not even need it in Berlin. If you were working in a bar or whatnot, you could probably get away with cupla focal Deutsch and Bearla the rest of the time.

It's funny how people go on about gentrification of Berlin. I was there 13 years ago and that is the way locals went on. The edginess of the old East Berlin was then sadly lamented by many I met.

my mental image of berlin (never been) is a combination of wir kinder vom bahnhof zoo and then sausages and beer and stuff

the two don't actually go together, like the kinder are never eating sausages, just being all tragic

Hey, I might join you. London is becoming unliveable for a man of slender means! I did German at school. No brainer, right?!
I have no idea, tbh
I imagine my current career would be difficult to transfer, as it's got lots of technical words and jargon. The language requirements would be severe.
Can't speak for other industries.
I just figure if I keep learning then I'll be in a better position in 6 months time than if I didn't.
It has a very low likelihood of actually happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back