Whirling Hall Of Knives - Electric Lava (Nute 003) (1 Viewer)

portrid

Since 2000
Website
www.thelastsound.com
WHIRLING HALL OF KNIVES
ELECTRIC LAVA

CDr LP
NUTE RECORDS
06 MAR 2009

Whirling Hall Of Knives is a collaboration between Magnetize and The Last Sound. Collectively they have amassed some decades of experience in creating diverse, mostly electronic music under many guises and bring no little of this knowledge to the table of WHOK.

WHOK originated from an invitation to do a one-off collaboration performance at the 2006 Dublin Electronic Arts Festival. This sparked further work on the sonic ideas generated and since then, data has been flung back and forth over a distance of 49km, with additional bytes gathered and manipulated at either end until, eventually, the digital dust settles.

After contributing a remix last year to Ikeaboy's 'Fazzip' 12" on Ireland's premier techno label D1, their debut full-length release 'Electric Lava' is now available on Trensmat Records long player offshoot Nute. The opening track, '2-Bar Heater And Smoke', is featured on the most current Wire Tapper – a CD series given away occasionally with the infamous Wire magazine. This will be followed later in 2009 by a 7" on Trensmat.

All but shunning rhythm, Electric Lava combines melted guitars, gurgling analogue synthesizers with shards of white noise, digital skree, sheets of feeding back effects processors, and a mighty wall of white hot static and crunchy digital throbs. In keeping with Nute's white label aesthetic the lp comes in a white hand stamped sleeve & cd.

www.whirlinghallofknives.com
www.nuterecords.com

I just listened to the MP3 clips...it's brilliant. Track 9 is my favourite so far, horrorful. I think it would be great live...hint hint. ;)
I'm going to go into Tower today and break my self imposed Wire ban. Proof if proof be need be that I'm stirred to me core.

P.S. Is your signature that thing from the Barney Wikipedia from a few years ago? How did you track it down?

Been meaning to post about this for ages.
Fantastic album. Not what I was expecting at all. Really dark, beautiful sounds.
The Being album is brilliant too.

yeah this is pretty deadly.

how was this made? long edited jam sessions? is it all machines?

Yeah pretty much anything goes

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(Would you DARE defy Dave Heffernan and turn your TV off?)

Tom hanks to everyone who bought the album so far. Unfortunately, this means we'll probably make another one.

There's an humorous review of this album in the latest issue of teen style mag Rock-A-Rolla for all you teen stylists!

This bump has been brought to you by the Miserable Excuse To Keep The Dream Alive Company of Ireland PLC*

*just wanted to see what the new font looked like all small

**looks ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back