Where to piss in town? (1 Viewer)

Berghain got awarded special cultural status in a court ruling.

Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening, 16-Ounce - Walmart.com ...

There's a public toilet in Wolfe Tone Sq beside Jervis and outside the St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre but they close at 8pm IIRC.

Some pubs apparently have their toilets open if you're buying take out pints.

North Lotts has already been mentioned but the alleyway called Harbour Court off Eden Quay/Abbey St is another open air pissoir, with added bonus that there's no apartments looking right on to the alley.

Jervis Lane Upper off Mary St is also an option.

I tend to use the Jervis centre if I'm down that way. Also the foggy, and I do a big show of pretending to look for my mates

there used to be a little alley behind Bachelor's Walk that was basically a full, free-range jacks. People taking shites, and greeting you on your way by, seeing if you had a loan of some toilet paper by any chance.
North Lotts, I've seen addicts shooting smack into each other's groins there before. The single grimmest thing I've ever seen in Dublin, and I've looked in mirrors.

North Lotts, I've seen addicts shooting smack into each other's groins there before. The single grimmest thing I've ever seen in Dublin, and I've looked in mirrors.
Oh you. I've seen your photo, and you're a devilishly handsome... well... let's say hominid.

But yeah. I was serious, I thought I'd seen someone killed back there. Granted he was fairly intent on killing someone else at the time, and that didn't work out well for him, but still, I wasn't all that surprised, that's the sort of thing that you might see in the alley. I had to walk through there a few times a day every day for more than a year, it always maintained that touch of WTF, no matter how familiar I got with it.

I'd forgotten the name of it too. I can still remember visually every bit of it though.

Thomas Lane behind the Savoy has always looked distinctively toilety from a distance. I never ventured down. I used to cut through Old Abbey Street a lot on the bike, which felt pretty posh for a Dublin lane.

It really must be a miserable experience trying to find somewhere to go to the toilet when you are homeless in Dublin.

when I am in Dublin my toilet of choice is Burger King near O'Connell Bridge.
I used to go in there and buy nothing since the 90's but in recent years the security insisted you buy something, so I get water or orange juice.
there are two big advantages over a pub:

- they won't kick you out for no reason
- and you can sit there for as long as you want if you have a drink in front of you (i.e. when weather is bad).

the amount of security people employed in Dublin City centre is sad. in my local town there are almost none no matter how busy a business is.
until there are some gigs in Dublin again I am not going near the place and I wouldn't like to live there even if I was rich.

The toilets in Powerscourts Townhouse are all the way at the top of the building, on the second floor, so very few people bother to make the trek up the stairs, you have the place to yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back