Where to buy a laptop for work (1 Viewer)

Work also got me a dell last year and it does the job. It is a bit notiony and i'd never have spent that much myself though. I went for a 13' because it fits where an A4 page fits.

You looked on adverts? I got my desktop there, saved a grand on it and it's never given me any issues. Guy selling it was a video producer type who was upgrading, so it already had great specs anyway.

That'd be a good idea if I was buying it myself, but work will pay for it and it'd be harder to expense something from there.

I use Dell because my job gives me Dell. When they work they're fine but there seems to be duds every now and then, just weird one-off problems that will be only an issue on that specific computer.

also, the hinges on them can be a bit fragile, be careful there. But I'm happy enough 99% of the time.

we went fom dell to lenovo where i work. i found the service and support from dell was much better - my first lenovo laptop battery died and the reaction from lenovo was 'we don't have any spare stock in europe. soz'; and only in the last few days i raised a support ticket over a slightly faulty monitor. they reacted quickly enough at first, but after me sending the photos they requested, they seem to have forgotten about me.

Bought a refurbed Dell recently for cheap from laptopmarket.ie. I think about €250. Not the most up to date fancy pants machine but it has an i5 processor and 8gb ram which is more than I need for mostly internet/emails/letters/etc.
They have much fancier laptops too but if you're OK with refurbs then I would recommend them.

Seeing as they've not got a shout yet, I've been using a HP Z Book recently, and it's my favourite machine out of what I'm given, (Macbook and Dell XPS).

HP used to be seriously rubbish at one point in time, but certainly on these Z Books they've turned that around.

edit - I've just looked up the price of those ZBook machines, they seem pretty expensive. I use the Studio G7 ZBook, and it's really nice, but yeah, had no idea they were that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back