where hi-fi? (1 Viewer)

richer sounds' belfast shop will be quite happy to take your cash over the interweb

i think

i went up there with a friend to buy cd players and the guy in the shop was a cunt.

he wouldn't let us listen to the cd player we were BOTH interested in even though he already had a system set up. i.e. all he would have to do was plug the audio cable into this cd player instead of the one it was already in. I mean, considering I was gona buy a cd player and my friend was gonna get speakers+amp+cd,about a grands worth in total, i thought he shold have bothered his ass.

also he spent the whole time givin out to us about the smoking ban sayin him and his wife had cancelled their trip to dublin because of it and they would never have that in the north because it was a stupid idea.
then he started giving out to us for spending so much money on hi-fi(???!) saying people from the south had too much money.

pain in the ass.

cd player was a bit ropey aswell. lo quality.Thats what I get for buying without trying.
cunt.
pete said:
richer sounds' belfast shop will be quite happy to take your cash over the interweb

i think

the hi-fi shop on the southside by the ha'penny bridge is good

they've never sold me anything I didn't need

and I've gone in saying "I need this thing to hook another thing up to a yoke"

also one day one of the dudes went ranting about who listen for the hiss instead of the music... which was cool

Pantone247 said:
the hi-fi shop on the southside by the ha'penny bridge is good

they've never sold me anything I didn't need

and I've gone in saying "I need this thing to hook another thing up to a yoke"

also one day one of the dudes went ranting about who listen for the hiss instead of the music... which was cool
i'll have a look in after work, thanks!

THere's a deadly place out in Blackrock but its total high-end stuff. Worth a visit just see how its possible to spend 50 grand on a stereo. They had weird things with tubes and stuff that I had never even seen before ...

Sorry ... this information is totally useless I suppose. Peats seems to be okay for CD players and amps and so on.

hugh said:
Sorry ... this information is totally useless I suppose. Peats seems to be okay for CD players and amps and so on.
was in Peats at the weekend, they had my turntable on sale for five times what i paid for it!
it's the richer sounds website for me so.

hugh said:
THere's a deadly place out in Blackrock but its total high-end stuff. Worth a visit just see how its possible to spend 50 grand on a stereo. They had weird things with tubes and stuff that I had never even seen before ...
i think that's called cloney audio
my dad is into his valves so he is

cloney audio is ace

they can prob source you ok stuff for a reasonable amount if you ask

i got an amazing record player there as a birthday pressie. deadliest shop, its just an old posh house stuffed to the gils with speakers that look like pelicans and the like

you shouldn;t have shown me that.

New Hi-Fi stuff is on my List Of Things To Get

after new wardrobes. Sigh.

we had to pay €240 for ONE extra cupboard in our kitchen. This didn't involve fitting. This involved my dad having to go to Greenhills industrial estate and bring it our flat in his car. Great! Then I went to IKEA (ha!) and bought 2 glass and alumninum fronted wall cupboards for £28 each, complete will glass shelves and fancy ways.

That's another thing! When you get kitchen units with glass in them..... you don't GET the glass! You have to go to a different shop and give then the sizes ad have it made up!!!! I couldn't fucking believe it.

Do you not?? I dunno, we have a 'shaker' (about as far removed from proper Shaker style is possible - I forsee a Shaker Kitchen Event Horizon fairly soon....) style kitchen which i would never have picked in one BILLION years, and it's just flat fronted 'beech' cupbpoards. We added some long frosted glass fronted ones, but everything came with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back