Where can I get vinyl cleaning products in Dublin? (1 Viewer)

Bought a spin clean in the last month with a few amazon vouchers that were doing nothing. Happy with it. Really surface dirty/dusty 2nd hand records come out great. Crazy price for a piece of plastic and a bit of washing solution. I'm sure anyone with a bit of know how and drive (not me) could make their own.
Did you buy distilled water for it? The Internet is telling me i should expect to fork out €15 to €20 for a single bottle of this water.

Distilled water
is water that has been boiled into vapor and condensed back into liquid in a separate container. Impurities in the original water that do not boil below or near the boiling point of water remain in the original container. Thus, distilled water is one type of purified water.

from the internet

You could probably get away with filtered water which might be cheaper and easier to do. Dublin water (southside anyway) is fairly pure due to the amount of granite it filters through.

I tried to distill some last night but after 10 or 15 minutes I had only about 2 drops of distilled water so I'm just going to buy some. Science is harder than it looks.
considering you can apparently give a solid clean to 20-30 records at a time with it, using 300ml or so of water at a time, it breaks down as fairly reasonable per clean record. 2 litres of that water should do a shitload of records

considering you can apparently give a solid clean to 20-30 records at a time with it, using 300ml or so of water at a time, it breaks down as fairly reasonable per clean record. 2 litres of that water should do a shitload of records
Yeah, true but after spending €89 on a plastic tub and now paying €17 for a bottle of water to put in it I feel like I'm being taken for a ride. But I'm sure the Milty Zerostat 3 will totally be worth €60, I should have that Monday. If I can identify just the finest anti-static inner sleeves I can say goodbye to the dust crackle that has been ruining my life.

Yeah, true but after spending €89 on a plastic tub and now paying €17 for a bottle of water to put in it I feel like I'm being taken for a ride. But I'm sure the Milty Zerostat 3 will totally be worth €60, I should have that Monday. If I can identify just the finest anti-static inner sleeves I can say goodbye to the dust crackle that has been ruining my life.

Vinyl's great isn't it? :cautious:

We have a water purification system in work that's purer than distilled water (even if it's been double or triple distilled), just an FYI...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back