when van morrison was amazing (1 Viewer)

Damn, do I dare ask how much those tickets were? I bet it was amazing.

Tickets started from 50 pounds and went up to something ridiculous like 200. I was there the second night (the 50 quid tickets and therefore up in the rafters!) and it was pretty amazing. His versions of Sweet Thing and Way Young Lovers do weren't so much my cuppa but the rest I thought was brilliant. Madame George was my highlight but Beside You, Ballerina and Slimslowslider were mighty. It was pretty similar to the versions he does on the "Astral Weeks Live" album that he released recently. Think he's doing it a few more times in the States?
Observer review here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/15/van-morrison-astral-weeks-live

Tickets started from 50 pounds and went up to something ridiculous like 200. I was there the second night (the 50 quid tickets and therefore up in the rafters!) and it was pretty amazing. His versions of Sweet Thing and Way Young Lovers do weren't so much my cuppa but the rest I thought was brilliant. Madame George was my highlight but Beside You, Ballerina and Slimslowslider were mighty. It was pretty similar to the versions he does on the "Astral Weeks Live" album that he released recently. Think he's doing it a few more times in the States?
Observer review here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/feb/15/van-morrison-astral-weeks-live

Ballerina live would be incredible. Jesus, I love that song. So jealous.

His back catalogue is a bit of a mess. Most of the decent albums seem unavailable aside from Astral Weeks, Moondance and His Band....
these three have been remastered; supposedly an excellent job, but for some reason they haven't been released here. i found a download which purports to be the 2008 master, plus the files are massive FLAC files - the title track weighs in at 45MB alone.

now i just need to find out how to burn FLAC files to an audio CD.

1zof7lw.jpg

This man engineered & mixed Astral Weeks and has never been credited in any release of the album in all 47 years of its existence!

@Rhino_Records can right the wrong in October 30th’s reissue! Please let Rhino Records know they should do this! Email them at [email protected]

this is a great 40 minute Doc On One doc about the recording of Astral Weeks featuring interviews with the lads he jammed with before he went into the studio, and with the session players on the record. listened to it twice tonight since. hadn't listened to it from front to back in years. absolute masterpiece.

The Summer of Astral Weeks

Been listening to a bunch of Van bootlegs/live tings over the last while- fuck me when he was good he was amazing.

I would urge anyone with a passing interest to check out this bootleg of outtakes from the Beautiful Vision album. Smoked out late night jams. Vocals turned down to the min, vibes turned up to 11. One of the tracks is on YT- clip below- and the dl link is here in full syrupy FLAC goodness : https://www.guitars101.com/threads/van-morrison-beautiful-vision-outtakes-stu-flac.192766/

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back