When people buy you music as a present (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
It's a funny one. A friend stayed over for a while and bought me a new album by Patti Smith - Banga, thinking that's the kind of thing I'd be into. I'd never fork out on a new Patti Smith record, I wouldn't even give it a spin. And yet, it's mostly great.

I guess my point is that sometimes when your mad aunty buys you a tape she might be on to the good stuff that you think you're too cool for. I've a few of those anyway.

No one has bought me a record since my sister got me a bootleg tape of Brothers in Arms. I still think she just grabbed the first thing she saw as they were shutting the shop on Xmas eve.

I guess people don't buy music as presents as much anymore as its not seen as a tangible medium - a download would be a fairly shite present to be fair.

I usually buy my sister a Cd or two for Xmas. She likes her music but is not a nerd about it so I try and buy her something she might not be familiar with but that I think she might like. Bought her a Lucinda Williams album last year and now she's a big fan and we are going to see her together in Vicar Street in January. Which is cool.

the one year we did kris kindle in our office (and it was only one year -2009 or 2010) with a €5 limit, a person got me a billie holliday album.

i still listen to it occassionally :)

usually though, i don't get unasked for stuff as christmas presents and i wouldn't like to get it for other people. it can be tough. in our house, we do lists for each other to get because after 30 years of coexisting together, we can't be bothered to try to know anything about anyone else

The last record someone bought for me as a present was Obituary- the end complete for my 21st. I have received presents of music since then but they were from the persons collection because they knew I'd love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back