When does the season of Winter start and end? (2 Viewers)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
We've had this out before but I want to have it out again.

When does the season of Winter start and end? For me, Winter starts in November and February is the first month of Spring. Weather and temperature are changeable, daylight hours are not. Winter is the three darkest months, not the three coldest months.

You?

It needs to be split at the half-way point of the months, so

Spring - mid Feb -> mid May
Summer - mid May -> mid August
Autumn - mid August -> mid Nov
Winter - mid Nov -> mid Feb

None of those months are halfway to anything.

Teh celtic colander starts on 1 nov. It makes much more sense, especially if you are growing food.

• Winter ("Geimhreadh") - November, December, January (Samhain, Nollaig, Eanáir)
  • Spring ("Earrach") - February, March, April (Imbolc, then Feabhra, Márta, Aibreán)
  • Summer ("Samhradh") - May, June, July (Bealtaine, Meitheamh, Iúil)
  • Autumn ("Fómhar" Harvest) - August, September, October (Lúnasa, Meán Fómhair, Deireadh Fómhair)

I was hoping we weren't going to end up in neopaganism. It's all so embarrassing.

But I do agree that Winter starts in November.

On further reflection, of the rurals i've gotten to know, the ones with the mason jars and the neopaganism vibes are the fun people.
Been thinking about this and I agree. They're the kind that are good fun in person because you can have a laugh and interrupt them when they actually start going down the "say a wiccan prayer to the salmon of knowledge on this, the third moon of the forest harvest" line, but ON THE INTERNET they are way more insufferable than even the most QAnon'd MAGA guy.

Qanon Gemmtrails Sovereign Citizen people are the opposite actually, great on the internet, cannot handle in real life.

I will say that any and all resistance to US police, which seems to be at least part of what that crew are up to, is welcome. Even if they're very annoying. The more people pushing back at cops in the US, and filming those interactions, the better.
Well I suppose that'd be the militia people over there? They can be hardcore I know, sovereign citizen people to my mind are a bit more pathetic - the kind who freak out when the judge summarily dismisses their carefully planned grandstanding nonsense. In my experience they tend to be pro-police since they also tend to be pro-property ownership. There's a definite crossover though.

Well I suppose that'd be the militia people over there? They can be hardcore I know, sovereign citizen people to my mind are a bit more pathetic - the kind who freak out when the judge summarily dismisses their carefully planned grandstanding nonsense. In my experience they tend to be pro-police since they also tend to be pro-property ownership. There's a definite crossover though.
Oh, I'm probably getting mixed up. I thought sovereign citizen types the ones that repeatedly ask "AM I BEING DETAINED OFFICER" and "I DO NOT CONSENT FOR A SEARCH" and film the increasingly irritated cop.

But you're right, sovereign citizens are the ones that think the law doesn't apply to them because they live in a homestead and US law doesn't have jurisdiction or some bollocks. Right.

I might grugdingly give them a bit of a shit eating grin, and then see how annoyed they're making the judge.

Oh, I'm probably getting mixed up. I thought sovereign citizen types the ones that repeatedly ask "AM I BEING DETAINED OFFICER" and "I DO NOT CONSENT FOR A SEARCH" and film the increasingly irritated cop.
Yeah that'd be them. I suppose there's a few types. Who'd have thought it'd be possible to get confused over the specific details of their beliefs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back