When did everyone in this country become completey incompetent? (1 Viewer)

Everyone here seems to have waiting in common.

Waiting for the mechanic to call. Waiting on the guy to get the towel. Waiting for someone to tell you that the schedule has changed.

Stop waiting. Be proactive.

Text/email "Just confirming x, y, z....."

If they say something will be ready Friday, call on Wednesday to ask about the thing and use the opportunity to reconfirm Friday.
Pull the towel off your head. Call the mechanic yourself.

You want anything done from plumbing work to legal work to whatever, you have to stay on these people.
We teach people how to treat us. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Everyone here seems to have waiting in common.

Waiting for the mechanic to call. Waiting on the guy to get the towel. Waiting for someone to tell you that the schedule has changed.

Stop waiting. Be proactive.

Text/email "Just confirming x, y, z....."

If they say something will be ready Friday, call on Wednesday to ask about the thing and use the opportunity to reconfirm Friday.
Pull the towel off your head. Call the mechanic yourself.

You want anything done from plumbing work to legal work to whatever, you have to stay on these people.
We teach people how to treat us. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

That's what I'm saying, even doing this people are not contacting/answering or giving any information until you corner them in person. Even then it's like, oh yes I'm right on that. It's bullshit. It borderlines on becoming a nuisance so they don't want to deal with you at all. It's a fine line to walk.

That's what I'm saying, even doing this people are not contacting/answering or giving any information until you corner them in person. Even then it's like, oh yes I'm right on that. It's bullshit. It borderlines on becoming a nuisance so they don't want to deal with you at all. It's a fine line to walk.

Everyone's dossing on Facebook.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hey, there's a simpsons video for that

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What are the odds?

Hey did I post up that writer's room thing that Conan hosted?

@ann post wanna weigh in on this?

I assume this is because i don't think people should tip on falsified personality traits. getting things done is what matters. My method for dealing with Ireland invariably is based on the philosophy that the second a person is defecting from what they are supposed to do or said they would is to go above their head and continue the process until stuff gets done. It makes me look like a dick but it works.

Is ireland incompetent? oh yes. a thousand times yes. 5 years ago i walked into every real estate agent in LK with a printed out brief and a cash budget (10 agents, roughly). I got two responses. That was a fish in a barrel commission for any one of them.

At the same time, most people are doing more at work than they were hired to do, some things are just not possible.

I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm a dick (even though I don't like it), what I am afraid of is hurting people's feelings. "The fish could have been fresher" - cue waitress looking really embarrassed. Mrs. egg_ once told a fella who cleaned our windows that she didn't think he had done a very good job (when he asked) and the poor lad just look totally crushed and moped off

I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm a dick (even though I don't like it), what I am afraid of is hurting people's feelings. "The fish could have been fresher" - cue waitress looking really embarrassed. Mrs. egg_ once told a fella who cleaned our windows that she didn't think he had done a very good job (when he asked) and the poor lad just look totally crushed and moped off

But don't you think that at a certain point, people won't improve unless they feel bad about themselves?

No one loses weight because they think they look awesome being 2 stone overweight. They do it from the self-loathing.
You have to dislike something about yourself to want to change it.

Life isn't kindergarten.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back