When bands split up (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
right, this is a bugbear of mine and has been for some time.

Its rare enough that bands actually officially announce when they split up, right? High profile bands probably will do it but those cunts will be back together when funds start running low.

Its other bands I have a problem with. Ones that might not be that big or popular and that I might be one of about 10 people who like them. But, seeing as I'm investing time and money and effort in them by being a fan, should they not have some obligation to me to let me know when they've decided to split up?

I don't just mean Irish bands but I largely mean Irish bands.

No names mentioned here. Especially Tullulah does the Fucking Hooolah

I've been in as many bands that have split up as I've started.

Which is all of them.

Wouldnt put me off having another go though

right, this is a bugbear of mine and has been for some time.

Its rare enough that bands actually officially announce when they split up, right? High profile bands probably will do it but those cunts will be back together when funds start running low.

Its other bands I have a problem with. Ones that might not be that big or popular and that I might be one of about 10 people who like them. But, seeing as I'm investing time and money and effort in them by being a fan, should they not have some obligation to me to let me know when they've decided to split up?

I don't just mean Irish bands but I largely mean Irish bands.

No names mentioned here. Especially Tullulah does the Fucking Hooolah

They have no obligation to you. It's their ball.

Chalets --> Tallulah does etc etc --> september girls : same old shit. Don't feel bad - just go see the next incarnation
All shite incarnations so far

Although I betcha they'll come up with something deadly yet

Or else give up

50/50

ah jays, were they the chalets? wasn't a fan, but still nice to hear an old name again.

i used to like the marshalls, make her cry was a great single. they disappeared without a trace. a few years passed, i had a random google one night and found out a couple of them had a new band television room with an album on the way. i thought they were great, brilliant guitar pop. disappeared without trace. then the main fella michael kavanagh went solo. released a good ep and a great little folky album. i think i was the only person who bought it. i bought at least 3 copies too. he seems to have deleted every trace of himself from the internet now.

kiss of death when i start showing up at your gigs lads.

You pay your money and get your album or gig.
and then there are those bands that play a gig and were good and then ever did ANYTHING ever again.

what was the name of that band that played with Groom and Michael Knight in the Hub a few years ago? I think they became I am the Cosmos eventually but whatever they were called back then, they were deadly. And heres me still waiting for something more than those poorly recorded tunes they had on their half-arsed myspace page

bah

scutter said:
and then there are those bands that play a gig and were good and then ever did ANYTHING ever again.

I was sad that the Uptown Racquet Club never released a record (except a song on a Foggy Notions issue).

theres a whole load of bands that were around in 2007 that I'm waiting for something new from.

Probably because 2008 hit and they had no money to make records which likely lose more money than they can afford. Give it another few years and there will be another generation of bands to record an album, break up and not tell you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back