What's your favourite Wilco song? (1 Viewer)

Meeting friends that are going for a pint before they head in, so there is a 75% I'll be feeling drunk enough to buy a ticket.

A.M. to A Ghost Is Born was a hell of a run of albums. My favourite song is not something I have thought about. I'm going to say Red Eyed and Blue for now, or A Shot In the Arm.

I hate the last record.

I've always really liked Someone Else's Song, so I'll go for that. Love the close-to-microphone vocal drawl, the slightly intriguing lyric and the lovely accompaniment. Could almost be Shane McGowan in a moment of clarity

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Star Wars? It's my fave since A Ghost Is Born, couldn't get into the subsequent 2 at all.
Yeah. Bit ungrateful for a free album, but yesterday I would have said Pickled Ginger is the only good song on it. Listening to The Joke Explained makes me feel like I am just wasting time. Taste the Ceiling frustrates me because it is almost really good, but they have put that 'new' Wilco wobble sound all over it.

But...I really enjoyed Random Name Generator at the gig last night and I have never liked it either, so I'm going to go back to that album.

Post Sky Blue Sky I would rank them:
Whole Love
Wilco (The Album)
Star Wars

I just listened to WTA for the first time in a few years this morning and I am surprised with how good the good songs are (Wilco the Song, One Wing, Bull Black Nova) but I am also surprised how much the rest of it stinks.

Enjoyed the gig last night. I am usually up the front geeking out at Wilco shows, but the company I was in last night we hung out towards the back having scoops. Lucinda Williams band were a nice surprise, the guitarist was excellent. Good sound for them too.

Lucinda Williams band were a nice surprise, the guitarist was excellent. Good sound for them too.

Did you catch her drummer (guy from Eels apparently ) ? When I first saw him I thought he was decked out to the nines in a big cowboy hat, nice white shirt and a waistcoat. Then I saw he was wearing shorts.

I enjoyed the gig. I left directly after Shot In The Arm because I thought it looked like they were finishing up and I was wet enough but as I was walking back to Earlsfort Terrace where I parked it sounded like they played some more. But I think I got to hear all my faves by that point anyway.

Did you catch her drummer (guy from Eels apparently )
Really? Cool.

They came back out for I'm a Wheel. Was great to hear Box Full of Letters and It's Just that Simple. Man, that was a great gig. Delighted I got a ticket.

More...
Random Name Generator
The Joke Explained
I Am Trying To Break Your Heart>
Art Of Almost
Pickled Ginger
Hummingbird
Handshake Drugs
Cold Slope>
King Of You
Via Chicago
Spiders (Kidsmoke) (electric arrangement)
Jesus, etc.
Box Full Of Letters
Heavy Metal Drummer>
I'm The Man Who Loves You
Dawned On Me
Impossible Germany
The Late Greats
----------------------------
Misunderstood*
It's Just That Simple*
War On War*
I'm Always In Love*
California Stars*
A Shot in the Arm*
----------------------------
I'm A Wheel

Really enjoyed the concert despite the damp weather. Was class. I was unfortunately not too impressed with Lucinda's set. It was all a bit too RAWK for me, asked my pal was that the Eels' drummer all right though. I love the Iveagh Gardens for gigs.

I think Lucinda Williams would be better without that band (or at least if she reined them in a bit). I wasn't there last night but saw her in January and the extended jams got pretty tedious at times. If I was there last night I would also have been pissed off at having to sit through Rockin In The Free World. I mean, that even gets boring when Neil Young does it.

I completely forgot they played that. I was locked. It felt totally out of place now I remember.

Watching the I am Trying to Break your Heart film on a day off. I loved this version of the band. Can't find many videos of the performances on youtube, but the Pot Kettle Black in it is just great.

Watching the I am Trying to Break your Heart film on a day off. I loved this version of the band. Can't find many videos of the performances on youtube, but the Pot Kettle Black in it is just great.

I haven't seen that in years. I felt at the time though that there must have been some blazing rows between Jay and Jeff that didn't make the cut because nothing seemed that nasty in what I saw and then it was "oh, Jay it out of the band"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back