What's your drink? (4 Viewers)

People here are always saying to me "oh yeah I went to Dublin for a stag weekend once. Fahcking expensive mate".

I went for a cheeky pint between shifts the other day. I had time to kill. £6.90 for an Asahi, That's about €8.23. And this was in a pub on the very fringes of the touristy area, so not Temple Bar prices. I was offended.

Tried a can of this today, expecting it to be some kind of elderflower cordial thing. In fact, and quite surprisingly because I was at work at the time, I got a buzz off it. I gave some of the can to a mate who knows about these things and he was like "Well, that was unexpected".

Flavour-wise, not at all bad. gingery, tasted like it was a healthy drink.

Then I felt like I had taken the biggest dose of CDB ever. Work was real stressful and I was just like "yeah, cool". But without being monged or whatever.

It seems to be expensive, if it even can be bought outside of the US.

I'm off the booze again so to mark Saturday night I'm having a Dungarvan Main Sail alcohol free IPA - it's not great. I have a Kinnegar Low Tide line up for afterwards, that's not too bad. The Wicklow Wolf AF one would be the standard choice from the local but they didn't have it.

Guinness 0.0 topped up with Foreign Extra Stout as described here. This works a treat. I used about 380ml of 0.0 (as the UK cans are 440ml) and then the FES to top it up to a full pint.

If you don't like the tang off FES as a standalone beer then you probably won't like the mix but I'll probably be drinking quite a bit of this in future.

Had both drinks in the fridge before mixing so will experiment with different temperatures in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back