What's your drink? (1 Viewer)

Nitro is no

29sgrgpfcmu01.jpg

Preferred is still Redbreast, as old as I can afford or justify and then eeked out. But, 18 year old Glenfiddich Small Batch Reserve (I was given as a gift) is surprisingly nice.

And who puts ice in IPA ffs

I just want to drink loads of beer in this weather. But to stop myself being smashed daily after work I've been making little DIY 'radler' style beers, which are just lemony shandies.
50/50 diet club lemon / cheapo Lidl beers.
Hits the spot nicely and can drink loads of them

I was on the radler ticket for a lot of the early time Euro games. The actual one euro radler which is basically a can of sugar and lovely handles. And then radler plus Excelsior... and then Excelsior and ginger ales... endless permutations really.

A few Tennants and a bottle of ginger ale is a good option too. Did a few of those for the Championship playoff ties. Worked well for Brentford: Bees luv it.

Have been supplementing 1 can of real beer with a few non alcoholics for the last while. Here are my views:

Wicklow Wolf - Moonlight. Not bad, tastes a bit like a beer that has been overboiled to get rid of the alcohol. Not unlike PUNK AF. Drinkable for sure, but €2.50 for a small can is too much.

Mikkeller - Drink'in the Sun. First few sips of this are really good. Tastes just like a fruity IPA. There is a sense of real beer joy. It then does become to feel like just drinking a fruit juice. Not bad though, and i'll try again. But also €2.50 for a little can is a pisstake.

Lervig - No Worries Pineapple. Nah.

Dungarvan - Mail Sail. First big can, so hoped this would be the one. Absolutely awful. Incredibly bitter. Just undrinkable, down the sink.

Stiegl - Freibier. Full sized bottle. Quite a sweet, malty beer. A little on the boring side when you've spent two years drinking all the mad craft beers under the sun, but gives the real beer feel. And a decent price. Would drink again.

Weihenstephaner - Original Helles. Another full size bottle and not full price. Tastes just like a real Helles I thought. Gave me the feeling of beer joy. Will become a go-to I reckon.

Erdinger - Alcohol Free Grapefruit. Beautiful, tastes like a radler. If I can find more I will stock up.

Incidentally, I was trying to find some Pear Kopparberg, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore. Couldn't see any pear ciders at all. What gives?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back