What's your drink? (3 Viewers)

A saison. Last one came out really well so I'm doing if again.

Tried the extract based kits a few times and they never came out well, so I'm doing all-grain these days (brew in a bag method). Still took me a few goes to get something decent. You can get all-grain "kits" (a bag of grain and a couple of bags of hops all measured out) from one of the Irish online home brew shops, that's what I've been using

All of the pubs and off-licences / bottle shops (I think) over here have been given permission to start doing deliveries so I just put through an order for a rake of beer from The Kernel. If it's the end of the world then I'm going to go out with some high quality alcohol in my system.

And I found San Miguel as recommended by @magicbastarder up there to be one of my favs for sitting in the (landlord's) garden last Summer. I really hope I'm able to shove some bottles into my cooler bag and go hang out with friends in the park in a few months.

And I found San Miguel as recommended by @magicbastarder up there to be one of my favs for sitting in the (landlord's) garden last Summer.
we have been on holidays in the south of spain a few times in the last few years, and that's where i developed a taste for it. nice stuff for sitting outside on a balmy evening while trying to avoid being bitten.

Ordered a mini-keg of Hope Hop-On for the multi lols. Arrived tonight and then i realised it needs to fit in the fridge. Bye bye vegetable drawer.

Anyone know how to use a keg?

Yes... and no.

Does the place you bought it from sell beer pumps? Like the ones from every teenage American movie.
Actually, it looks pretty fool proof. Twist the thing on the top, pull out the spout and turn to pour.

After realising that it needs to go in the fridge, it then dawned on me that it probably needs drank in 24-48 hours of opening to have any carbonation left. So that's my weekend sorted.

Was talking to a work colleague yesterday who's mate runs a pub. Apparently at the moment Guinness are in the process of taking back thousands and thousands of wasted kegs that have gone unserved under lockdown.

They'll be made into animal feed
images

Don't know what it's like over there, but over here every pub were delivering pints. I thought it was strange at first, and hardly profitable. But then I realised that they have to clear their lines or else the whole keg goes to shit.

At least Guinness are able to something useful with their kegs. I doubt I'd like a christmas ham from a Stella-fed pig.

I'm having a Tyskie. Boring but solid.

Don't know what it's like over there, but over here every pub were delivering pints. I thought it was strange at first, and hardly profitable. But then I realised that they have to clear their lines or else the whole keg goes to shit.

At least Guinness are able to something useful with their kegs. I doubt I'd like a christmas ham from a Stella-fed pig.

I'm having a Tyskie. Boring but solid.
Saw that. If you can get 4 cans in the offie for the price of a pint why would you bother?

Well, that's the why. It was a fire-sale, originally.
That said, my local's still going. The landlords working 20 hour days delivering food. He's still delivering fresh pints too. So there must still be some kind of demand for the idea of "getting a pint". But a lot less than there was a few weeks ago.

And it's a very cut-throat, petty, low-margin business as all the pubs compete for customers. Which I very much think is counterproductive. Small pubs fighting each other while Wetherspoons et al just sit and wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back