What's your drink? (1 Viewer)

I had bottle the other night, it didn't look as good as that pint though. Guinness isn't all that great really.

Yeah, the bottles aren't great. Same with most bottled stouts I think. But the pint on draught is lovely. Just like it looks.

Guinness definitely tastes a lot better in a small county pub - don't know why they deny it.
And it couldn't be just the "pipes".

I find with the craft beers I have to be very sensible or I wake up feeling like a drunken grizzly beer is in the middle of having a shite on the nerves that attach my brain to my skull.

Drinking and being sensible are rarely in the same room in my gaff.

Fairplay Moose for keeping it real with the auld Buckie. You might want to buy stock in Gaviscon now

a friend of mine was trying to use me as his wingman on a night out once a couple of years ago. of course, one of the problems he found as me being his wingman was that i am not an alcohol drinker. he felt this was offputting to females he wanted to chat up . the drink he ordered for me was "a virgin screwdriver" as he figured this looked less bad from his perspective and prospects.

I'm near immune to any ill effects from the buck at this stage. That O'Haras draft stout looks nice, gonna have to hunt that down.

a friend of mine was trying to use me as his wingman on a night out once a couple of years ago. of course, one of the problems he found as me being his wingman was that i am not an alcohol drinker. he felt this was offputting to females he wanted to chat up . the drink he ordered for me was "a virgin screwdriver" as he figured this looked less bad from his perspective and prospects.

I was out with a girl last week that was drinking a "Shirley Temple.... with vodka"

Kind of hot.

Hendricks G&T I can definitely get behind. Used to be G&T all the way for me until about 7 years ago when I switched to Whiskey. Jameson and water or hot Jameson in pubs... Redbreast 15, Middleton and Bunnahabhain (not sure of the spelling) at home for preference.

Can't go wrong with a hot port either. My favourite cocktail is an Old Fashioned - the horseshoe bar in the Shelbourne does a very good one, I like Long Island Ice Tea too.

Coffee wise, double espresso... never triples after a crazy triple triple espresso experience about 10 years ago.

Of course, all of this has been seriously curtailed in the past few years... making me appreciate it all the more when I can indulge in a small way.

I drink whatever beer has the pretties bottle.
It's served me well over the years.

I wouldn't drink Jack Daniels just out of protest against their good ol' boys down on the farm bullshit ads in the London underground.

The Aldi own-brand stuff is made by the same lads.

really? i thought i could taste a difference. drinking a bottle right now. also its only 4.3% and the ohara's is 5.5%

^other than those two, my drinks of choice would be:

siera nevada IPAa
galway hooker
kilkenny
guinness
cobra
white russians
bushmills
jameson
bombay saphire with gin
irish coffee
hot port and brandy
some ginger beers
elderflower cordial and soda water with vodka is pretty terrific too but you may have a full blown vagina if you drink too much of that

It's made by the same people but is not the same drink so wouldn't taste the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back