What's your drink? (3 Viewers)

a few pints of Carlsberg. thats it. No more wine, Yagermeister, warm Dutch Gold, Whiskey, Captain Morgans....Noththing off the top shelf anymore. Only a bit of rubbing potín for the arthritis.
Gave up booze all together for about a year. Was the best thing and the worst thing I've ever done in my life. Was great because my body needed a break. Was terrible, at the time, because it forced me to face my demons. Have been seeing an addiction counselor weekly for the last year which has been amazing. Harm reduction rather than abstinence is the path I've chosen. I used to drink because I had unresolved issues that were the cause of anxiety, so I self medicated. Now, it's nice to meet my friends for a couple then head home without being drunk, without waking with a hangover and not suffering from gout.
Haven't touched marihuana in over a year, buh. As much as I agree with legalisation et al, the weed here is shit, too strong, too much TCH, not enough CBD's. Giving it up has done more for mah state of mind than anything else.

I hate that O'Hara's stout. Reminds me of a mates bad homebrew from 10 years ago. Their IPA is my standard these days where beer is concerned, although I'm still chasing the high off the Kernel IPAs I had in London last summer. Thornbridge Halcyon is the closest I've come recently, but in general I'm spending way too much on my hop addiction.

I can't really do cheap beer anymore so I go for half-price Pinot Grigio from Tescos after I've spent too much on fancy beers. Thankfully, most of the time I'm on Clipper Wild Berry tea, or some loose green tea if I need a bump.

really? i thought i could taste a difference. drinking a bottle right now. also its only 4.3% and the ohara's is 5.5%

^other than those two, my drinks of choice would be:

siera nevada IPAa
galway hooker
kilkenny
guinness
cobra
white russians
bushmills
jameson
bombay saphire with gin
irish coffee
hot port and brandy
some ginger beers
elderflower cordial and soda water with vodka is pretty terrific too but you may have a full blown vagina if you drink too much of that

....tonic.... doh

It's like having about 12 irish espressos and 12 dib dabs. Then you bounce off the walls for a few hours and shake like a leaf the next morning.

Isn't it made by monks? Is being a monk actually absolutely deadly and they're all just keeping it a secret? I think I might fancy it.

I pretty much just drink jamesons or bushmills, no ice, no nothin' ruining.

Lately I've been a bit more adventurous and have added red wine to my rep. But mostly just whiskey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back